Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read about how you can use the PAC Audio unit thing to hook up your ipod thru the bose system. Will this fix work on a non-bose system?

Also are the non Bose systems pre-wired for Satelite?

Thanks

·
4,601 Posts
Yes, and Yes.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
shawn_d said:
can you do both or is it a one or the other type situation?
PAC Audio uses sat hookup behind the radio so you cannot have the OEM sat any longer. But you can add an aftermarket one to the second auxilury input of PAC audio

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you hooked the satellite up to the auxillary input on the PAC Audio would the satellite info still display OEM style?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
shawn_d said:
if you hooked the satellite up to the auxillary input on the PAC Audio would the satellite info still display OEM style?
No, but you can have the radio show "PAC 2004" on the screen! That is what mine shows....:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so when you say add an aftermarket satellite radio, you mean the tuner or like a whole roady-type thing? What I mean is if you hook satellite up to the PAC audio aux port can you control the satellite via the HU or do you kiss that ability goodbye?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Shawn

Let me get to work here.

A pac Unit, specifically the Pac NISS, plugs into the what in your case would be the former SAT cable spot. The Pac has 2 aux inputs available. You can use one for the Ipod and one for a Sat receiver like a XM Roady2. ( do a search of this forum and you wil see various installations.)

If you do make this change, them when you press SAT button on you current radio you will get connected to the XM Roady or say an Ipod depending on how many times you press the SAT button.

Once you are connected to that Aux port of the PAC unit you will not have any control of that unit other than audio ie, volume, fade, tone etc. as the connections to the aux devices are audio only.

You will change channels on the Roady via the Roady or tracks on the IPod via the Ipod.

Now there are other deivices besides the PAC Niss, that will let you have different types of interfacing and have some direct control of these aux inputting unts. Check out the PAC, PIE and BLITZ web site for other devices. Also some embers of this forum have (I think) installed such, if not those web sites can help.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you very much.

so would need to buy something like a Roady2 right, and not this:
"TERK XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio Tuner Box"

·
4,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
shawn_d said:
so zebelkhan do you have both ipod and XM?
You started two threads on the same subject! I responded to the other thread by mistake.

To answer you here, I have a carputer (car computer) which allows me to have both MP3 player and Satellite - and a lot more - all at the same time...:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
shawn_d said:
thank you very much.

so would need to buy something like a Roady2 right, and not this:
"TERK XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio Tuner Box"
That is true. XM Direct is what I have and it is not compatable with Murano's radio and will require certain head units or a computer to operate. Roady2 will work though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks again guys. and sorry I am posting essentially the same thing in both places. i will try to keep that in check.

gripperdon that roady2 install looks awesome. did you do that yourself?

·
4,994 Posts
YES

Not hard, Power is right there at the map lights, Run teh antenna lead along the side of the headliner from the rear, and run the audio lead along the front of the headliner and to the"A" piller and across the lower part of the dash to where I mounted the PAC unit behind the dash

Affixed the Roady to the headliner with Velcro.

Turn it on and enjoy!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gripper is back!

Hi Gripper! Good to see you back on the site. Just in time for the alternator recall!!

I'm thinking about installing PAC for my Sirius plug and play . . . do you know of anyplace in Scottsdale that sells and installs them? I know it's a fairly easy thing to do myself, but i'm not comfortable doing it. Don't mind spending a few bucks to have it done right.

Welcome back!

·
4,994 Posts
Re: Gripper is back!

lawbroker said:
Hi Gripper! Good to see you back on the site. Just in time for the alternator recall!!

I'm thinking about installing PAC for my Sirius plug and play . . . do you know of anyplace in Scottsdale that sells and installs them? I know it's a fairly easy thing to do myself, but i'm not comfortable doing it. Don't mind spending a few bucks to have it done right.

Welcome back!
I'll check aroud and let you know. (missed the recall by a few cars, lucky me)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts