Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to someone today at Grubbs about trying to get XM radio for my 2003 Murano and I got the impression the guy didn't know much. He told me that the harness I need is no longer available. Is this true? I'm a novice with this stuff and I'm not really sure what I need to be asking for. Can someone help me?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Do you absolutely require the factory style unit that integrates with the in car radio?

If yes, Try another dealer. for example Pinnaclenissan.com they also sell directly to you and will ship.

If not or if you also want to import sound from a IPod or the like their are other option. like the PAC-NISS unit and a XM Roady2 or equivalent..

GRIP :D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Go here and ask. Is a cable and the sat receiver.
http://nissanparts.org/

you can talk to them on the phone. Ask for Jason. Tell him Don the key guy said hello.

Or take it to the dealer and have them put it in , Bet they can get the cable then.

GRIP :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
I bought my harness from the local Infiniti dealer. It's the same part regardless of where you buy it (Nissan or Infiniti).

·
4,664 Posts
The guy that really made Grubbs outstanding, went back to school. Grubbs led the way in making the parts available, when every one else were scratching body parts trying to figure out what was being asked.

Today, you can get it numerous places. Look in the sat thread in the audio section and you'll find part numbers for what you want.

There are two different harnesses but they both work. You can buy them from dealers but most have no clue, so you have to ask them to get the part number. The best thing to do is a search on the web to see who's selling what.

Nissan has been playing a game with harness availability. If you can' t find one for the Murano, look for one for the G35. If they all dry up, look for a harness for the USA-SPEC CD Changer for Nissans. It works and was the first harness to show Sat worked in a 2003 Murano. You won't find it this cheap, ever, but I paid $9 for it in the spring of 2003, which was obviously the audio dealer cost. Makes you gag when you look at Nissan dealers charging $80-90 for the OEM one.

It's really quite nice having it integrated, if you want that clean look to the interior with nothing stuck on anywhere. However, the non-OEM with a Pac can work out slightly cheaper and on XM will give you more display detail, with the right solution. I don't look at the display much except when something's on and I want to know who or what, so the display works fine for that. Most of the time I listen.

It's great to have the presets work for your favourite channels as well as you can just flip through them on the steering wheel.

The OEM system costs more, and Nissan makes a ton of cash on it, but it's worth it for the integration.

You should also look at my web site below, for more detail on how it goes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts