Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below the exterior on both door on the 2006 Murano SL, is that a chrome or stainless steel plate? While waxing my Murano, I tried to shine that plate there with Mother's chrome polish. It wasn't as shiney as I expected. So maybe its not chrome.

:confused:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo said:
Below the exterior on both door on the 2006 Murano SL, is that a chrome or stainless steel plate? While waxing my Murano, I tried to shine that plate there with Mother's chrome polish. It wasn't as shiney as I expected. So maybe its not chrome.

:confused:
Paniolo-

The 2006 sales brochure lists that as "chrome side sills accents".

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
waizfisz said:
Its anodized aluminium. You cannot polish that without first removing the aluminium oxyde layer.
waizfisz-

Are we talking about the same item? The metal on the door thresholds is brushed aluminum. The long horizontal band mounted on the lower edge of the body, running from wheel to wheel, is chrome. No? That is what is Nissan claims.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay... I will take another closer look tomorrow morning when its light out here in the Netherlands. I thought we were talking about the small plates in each door entry. I am the owner of a plating shop in the Netherlands so if there's chrome around i will surely recognize it! (www.haveman-edelmetaal.nl Dutch, sorry guys)

Lex

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
waizfisz-

The "chrome side sill accents" are new for 2006. They can be found in North America on the SL and SE models. They are not on the base S model.

I logged into the Nissan-Netherlands website and discovered this trim piece was not installed on the MOs delivered to your country. I also checked several other countries and it looks like the North American market is the only one that has the "chrome side sill accents".

The American consumer use to be obsessed with chrome. There was time when every available trim piece on a car was chrome. Maybe this is Nissan's way of "Americanizing" the MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay!

But i own an imported model 2004 Nissan Murano SL. Its from the United States. So thats why there's no chrome. Its a 2004!

BTW. I like the American model better than the european.

Lex

PS., If you click my gallery you will see a few pics. Taken before i put the QAA trims on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts