Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and can't find the answer to this specific question.

Does the MO come with relatively dark factory glass? Every other car I have had has come with "privacy glass" that really isn't that much of a tint.

I need to know because if it is added tint, I have to have it removed too.

I want to tint my windows darker but I'm not sure if my windows are actually tinted. When I bought it a few months ago, the dealer made a big deal about how he would take off the charge for tinting!

So, do all the MO's come with a decent tint to start with?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have never seen a MO without tinted rear glasses. I don't think it is dealer install.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
All the back windows are tinted to around 15% or 20%. This tint is between two panes of glass and cannot be removed. You should not be paying for this tint as this is the only way you can get the Murano! And most other SUVs and vans as well.

If the front windows are tinted, you might have to pay for this, because it is not a factory thing. The front windows would be a film tint that can be removed.

I had the fronts tinted to 15% to match the backs.

By comparison, "limo tint" is 5% (the lower the number, the darker the tint).

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The rear windows are pretty dark already, why would you want to retint them? Wait, I might not want to know why you would want even darker rear windows!

:D

To answer your question, yes its factory tint, and its imbedded in the glass (its not a film like aftermarket tint).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why... :9:

I live in Phoenix and the summer brings temps between 100 and 120 for weeks at a time. It's miserable. On top of that, whenever I park outside in the sun, you can easily see into the back seat. I'd like darker tint mostly for temperature reasons though.

My MO has tint of some sort on all five windows (not windshield). I was told to roll down the window and see if there is a space/line along the top of the window where it is clear or a different color. As far as I can tell, there is no space, therefore no added tint.

So it is not possible that the front windows are factory tinted like the back?

(P.S. you get used to the heat) ;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I suppose you can add aftermarket tint (a film on the window) to the front and the back, and use different shades to match the two, while keeping the rear factory glass.

Unless you replace the glass, there is no way to get the same factory type of tint (inside the glass).

In California, cops don't like front tint, gives them another reason to pull you over. Its because the tint can potentially conceal suspicious actions, a danger to the officer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
PaulQ said:
Why... :9:

I live in Phoenix and the summer brings temps between 100 and 120 for weeks at a time. It's miserable. On top of that, whenever I park outside in the sun, you can easily see into the back seat. I'd like darker tint mostly for temperature reasons though.
I lived in Las Vegas for 8 years. My other car (pontiac) has double-limo tint on all the windows except the windshield. On the windsheild I put 35% across the whole thing. HIGHLY illegal! But, the contrast was so severe with the side windows cops never even suspected it was tinted. AND, there was no chance anyone could ever see inside the car, which was great for not worrying about getting my stereo system stolen! :)

I'm not going to go so severe with the MO... I'm just going to do 20% or 15% on the front windows to match the rears. I don't live in LV anymore... Reno gets hot, but not THAT hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts