Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Firestone Tire Shop – the road hazard insurance came in handy……..
I have driven hundreds of thousands miles on three continents. Never had a flat tire. Only one tire blew up why driving I believe it was somewhere between Mackay and Rockhampton. Now, within two weeks I get two tires! One on Murano and one on FX! Both had nasty nails. What is happening here? Mr. Murphy is back in the town? Or somebody is playing games…. :11:

It shows how important is to get road hazard insurance and check tire pressure regularly. Yesterday night, when my wf got home we noticed that one of the rear tires was “low”. Just a little bit. A quick pressure check – 12 psi! An inspection reveled a nasty nail. So “visual” pressure checking is not enough, a good digital tester is what is needed. Unless somebody has TPM

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris,

Are there any major housing projects going up in your area?

When I was living in Maryland a few years ago I moved into a brand-new development that was in the first phase of a multi-phase construction project. I ended up with 3 or 4 flats a year for a 2 year period. While jogging I would occasionally see nails and screws in the roadway that had obviously fallen from the construction vehicles. I couldn't wait for the construction to end. Once it did, the frequency of flats dropped very quickly.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right about the constructions. My subdivision is finished but there are plenty new construction around.......in the end we live in one of the fastest developing places in USA. During the last 10 years population doubled......

I guess I will have to get ready for more "nails" in the wrong places....:(

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr. Murphy, watch out! I am starting to hunt you. I have had enough!

Drove from Indiana yesterday, and now I am sure it was not my imagination, Murano did develop problem somewhere at the front. It is a humming, whining noise. It starts around 40mph and increases in frequency and amplitude with speed. It somehow almost disappears around 50mph and starts again around 60mph. With higher pitch and volume. It is not tire related as it does not depend on the surface. A rougher road surface simply masks this noise. Switching to neutral does not have any influence on the phenomenon. Accelerating, braking – do not change a bit. It sounds like gearbox noise, I have heard something similar many times in industrial gearboxes. Any idea what it could be? Cannot go to the dealer today because when rotating tires I notice another nail! Pulled it out and ……………..the pressure was gone! So it is going to be nice Saturday – rotate tires, fix a tire! (third in 3 weeks time!), do the brakes……

Eh Mr. Murphy………..I’ve got enough of you…..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts