Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Found this image in Santa members gallery, is this the standard H/U set up for NAV in the USA ?. This member is from Japan.

Or is this the new 2006 version

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Neither, it's the uniquely Japanese version...

Now wouldn't it be funny if the sticker said

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
THe Pedals!!!`

Are they OEM or add ons.? If the latter, where did you get them, $ etc. I like them and a real honest to goodnedss dead pedal.

G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: THe Pedals!!!`

GripperDon said:
Are they OEM or add ons.? If the latter, where did you get them, $ etc. I like them and a real honest to goodnedss dead pedal.

G
I lifted the image from a members gallery, Santa. He is from Japan and he had done some cool things with the side mirror camera (or maybe it is Japan spec).

Maybe you can email him for the pedal info ( I want his wholeH/U though)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jaak said:
Neither, it's the uniquely Japanese version...

Now wouldn't it be funny if the sticker said
I like the Japanese version !

·
Registered
255 Posts
Seem like North America always get shafted by the foriegn makers for the toys. All of the German makers have such cool stuff in Europe that never makes it over. Now I see that the Japanese get a much better (looks awesome) NAV system with TV, MD and did you also notice the AUX button :( . Why must these companies torture us like this.

·
5,244 Posts
lnichols said:
Seem like North America always get shafted by the foriegn makers for the toys. All of the German makers have such cool stuff in Europe that never makes it over. Now I see that the Japanese get a much better (looks awesome) NAV system with TV, MD and did you also notice the AUX button :( . Why must these companies torture us like this.
Simply:

- lawyers
- frivolous lawsuits
- lack of responsibility for own actions

Want more?
- we love trucks
- we love SUV
- technology does not sell in US
- we want gimmicks

Hm, I better stop. I may upset somebody............

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kris said:

Simply:

- lawyers
- frivolous lawsuits
- lack of responsibility for own actions

Want more?
- we love trucks
- we love SUV
- technology does not sell in US
- we want gimmicks

Hm, I better stop. I may upset somebody............
I can't think of a lot of technology that doesn't sell in the US. If it is not brought here, then it won't sell. Look at Navagation systems. The Japanese, specifically Acura, were I believe the first to bring it over. Now all of the manufacturers are scrambling to get it in their vehicles because people want them. I didn't want it, but now that I have it, the next cars will too. Look at Ipod/MP3 player sales, computer sales, smarter phones.... I think the US is an avid consumer once exposed to a technology that is useful or makes life more enjoyable or convenient.

Also if you get seriously hurt by someone watching a DVD or TV while driving, or putting on their makeup, or not paying attention because they are too busy talking on their phone, would you not want retribution for their negligence? I think it is more the fact that too many people are too stupid to know when to drive, and when to multitask, and that people in this country don't want to take responsibility for their own poor decisions behind the wheel. Even the European cars with TV disable the screen when the car is in motion.

·
4,601 Posts
Don't forget the marketing engine in North America, labelled "Infiniti".

They purposely cripple capability in Nissan branded products here, to push you into the Infiniti models and get more $$$ out of you.

The Japanese, learned this trick from the Domestics...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts