Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2003 MURANO WITH NO NAVIGATION SYSTEM, I HAVE A CUSTOM DVD PLAYER WITH 2 HEADREST IN THE BACK, BUT CANNOT GET MY FRONT OEM ORIGINAL MONITOR TO PLAY DVD'S. I HAVENT BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE, I'VE BEEN HOSPITALIZED, SO I WAS WONDERING IF THEIR IS ANY WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH BUYING ANOTHER MONITOR, BUT WHICH SIZE AND WHAT KIND DO I NEED. ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANXS.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
No need to buy another monitor. You can not use your OEM monitor to play DVD with, and you cannot get rid of it either because other systems in your car will not work if you do. But you can relocate it to another place and then put a 7 inch monitor in its place. It will fit nicely in the opening.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANXS SO MUCH, SO LEAVE THE SAME MONITOR THAT I HAVE, BUT PUT IT IN ANOTHER PLACE, AND PUT A 7 INCH LCD MONITOR IN ITS PLACE WHERE THE ORIGINAL WOULD GO?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That is what I did. You do have to "extend" the wires than go to the OEM display so you need to be comfortable with cutting the wires, soldering them and shrink wrapping them. A 7 inch lilliput (with its case) fit perfectly. I just had to shave a bit of the lower part of the lilliput case on each side (about 0.5 mm worth).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHATS THE MODEL OF THE 7 INCH MONITOR, AND WHERE DID U PUT THE OTHER MONITOR AT, DO U HAVE PICTURES OF THIS. THANXS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
romeog007angelo said:
WHATS THE MODEL OF THE 7 INCH MONITOR, AND WHERE DID U PUT THE OTHER MONITOR AT, DO U HAVE PICTURES OF THIS. THANXS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
7 inch Lilliput - I do not have a model number but it is a year old. See picture below to see where I mounted the OEM display.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW,,,,LOOKS GOOD....

WOW THAT REALLY LOOKS GOOD.....BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE MY DVD PLAYER INSTALLED THERE. I WOULD HAVE TO PUT IT IN SOME OTHER PLACE. SO ANY 7 INCH MONITOR WOULD FIT THERE?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: WOW,,,,LOOKS GOOD....

romeog007angelo said:
WOW THAT REALLY LOOKS GOOD.....BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE MY DVD PLAYER INSTALLED THERE. I WOULD HAVE TO PUT IT IN SOME OTHER PLACE. SO ANY 7 INCH MONITOR WOULD FIT THERE?
I don't know if "all" 7 inch monitors would fit there...If you pull the screen out of the case then yes I would say they all fit but with the case I am not sure...

Another option would be to mount a motorized monitor on top of the dash and build a nice looking cover for it to blend it in. Check this: http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-700M.htm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, that would look great......see here in southern california, the shops that i have been too, really dont know how to install and make this happen. Since im not a pro on all this, i wouldnt really feel to secure in touching it. I really love how it looks on your car, but i have my dvd player, see take a look.......do u know any place here in the la area where they can do this.....

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
romeog007angelo said:
.......do u know any place here in the la area where they can do this.....
Check www.mp3car.com They have a large S.Cal community all doing basically the same stuff. They can perhaps steer you in the right direction much better than I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts