Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was cleaning my MO yesterday, and I noticed that when you look at the front screen at an angle (you know, when you can see all of the different symbols on the screen, even though they aren't lit), there is one on the far right middle of the screen, underneath the outside temperature gauge that is a box entitled "rear". Inside this box is the words heater, cooler and then a temperature level bar like the one for the front a/c and heat and then there's a picture of a fan. I know there are vents back there- is there anyway to access these controls...I havent looked in the manual yet and I am still discovering things about the car everyday lol... just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it, and what i could do to utilize these functions if I can?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks!
Jackie:1:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Currently there is no way to control the rear air independently. Nor can you control the phone mute/Mini Discs/Mail etc
Image courtesy of Jaak:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I believe those symbols were meant for vehicles equipped with rear climate control (Armada and Quest?).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my MO in July of this year, noted the same issue and asked the dealer, he advised MOs were not equipped with the ability to control rear area heater/AC.

·
Registered
781 Posts
You could just ask whoever is in front to turn the temp up or down :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
It works for me, unfortunately the frequent occupants of my rear seating area are my in-laws and, well,...........do you get the picture ?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Well the dual climate control could help. the passenger side controls the right side and the dirvers side the left. You could always lie to them and just tell them that the passenger climate control also controls the rear and then if you wife is in the passenger seat should would be responsible for their comfort.... never achiving their comfort level especial the passenger in the left rear. :22:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
Well the dual climate control could help. the passenger side controls the right side and the dirvers side the left. You could always lie to them and just tell them that the passenger climate control also controls the rear and then if you wife is in the passenger seat should would be responsible for their comfort.... never achiving their comfort level especial the passenger in the left rear. :22:
Alienating the wife has disasterous consequences..... :behead:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dunno about you guys, but I tested mine... and now I will do it again for kicks, but I put the driver on COLD, like Antarctic cold... and the pass on HOT... and we felt the back vents.....
The drivers controlled behind it, and the pass temperature.

I would have expected the pass to control the pass behind... but it wasn't working that way.

Do you get something different?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Neat Info!! I want to be sure I got it. Driver controls driver front and both rears, Passenger is only front passenger. Thanks GRIP :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts