Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I am about three weeks out from buying a 06 Silver/black cloth interior SL 2wd FWD. It will come with the premium package.

The price on it is $28,500.

What do you guys think? I am in a Cali.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
EXWRX-

The list price for a 2006 SL FWD w/Premium Package is approximately $30,700. That puts you about $2,200 below list, which I am guessing is just a few hundred over invoice. That is a pretty decent deal.

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The dealer told me that $29120 is invoice. I don't trust the dealer so I called another dealer and they had it at the same price. Most of the dealers will match to sell at invoice but not below. I am wandering if I am gone below invoice or are the dealer giving me a bunch of talk.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
EXWRX-

Not surprisingly, the dealer is feeding you a line of bull. The invoice on that car is probably somewhere in the vicinity of $28,400.

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the info. Edmunds is a great source.

It is good to know where I stand. I am shooting for $27,900.

I am going back and forth so far and I think the best I can get is $28,400, so I guess I am below invoice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Best offer received today is $27,900. He said noone can beat it. I have till the end of the month to beat it and I plan on buying first week of June if all goes well.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Buy it before he changes his mind.

Homer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I am going to push it and see if anyone wants to bite below $27900.

I love pitting up dealers against each other. May the best dealer win!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
EXWRX-

$27,900 is pretty damn good. It is doubtful that you will be able to do much better than that, but if you have the time then go for it.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Which dealer?
I'm goiong to pay $28k and beat your deal.
Jussssskiiiiiidin~

NZM

·
Registered
6 Posts
SL AWD with Sunroof Package

Hi,

I currently have a deal on the table for an SL AWD with the sunroof package for 31090 (which includes a $400 trade in for a 1989 Honda Civic with extremely low mileage for it's age...but also a couple of dings, and some problems.). This is the price BEFORE taxes and reg of ($1554.50 and $84.50). They also have some DOC fee of $203 added also.) I wanted Platinum but couldn't find this configuration around as I wanted the cloth interior and sunroof . They can get a Silver for me in this config. I left $100 deposit for them to get it for me...which I'm told I can get back if the deal falls through.

Does it sound like a decent deal for a buyer here in the Boston, MA area?

-D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D

Go to Edmunds and find out what the invoice price of your vehicle is in your zipcode.

Then work below the invoice price of your vehicle quoted.

I have 18 dealers on my Excel spreadsheet. Each dealer is different from what the other if offering. Go directly to their fleet/internet sale dept. From my experience most will give at invoice. DO NOT BUY ABOVE INVOICE.

So far I am $1,220 below invoice and I am in zipcode 91321 in CA, and I am still working the price. I took the deal to my local dealer here in Santa Clarita and he wouldn't even want to talk to me at invoice.

$400 trade in is what you throw in after you have agreed to pay.

Remind you that it is also based on the availability of the model and options you are looking for. They want to move their vehicles quickly and also let them know you are serious about buying. Out of respect for them don't waste their time if their price is nowhere you are shooting for. They already know what the invoice is.

Hope this helps.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help, Rob.
It definitely seems one could do a bit better than the deal in front of me...I have to learn how to wheel and deal the dealers better.
Many thanks.
-D

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you guys are talking about your price compared to invoice, you're talking out the door price, right? Not the BS they give you where they say "plus fees" and then tack on tax, title and license.

Just making sure I'm reading correctly that i should be shooting for a price near or below invoice out the door.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
No.
OTD is different.
There is no way TT&L is going to be the same from one state to another.
BUT, when comparing prices it SHOULD include any "fees" (Document fees, etc) as some smarmy dealers are now charging $500 and more to have a minimum wage kid take the paperwork down to the DMV office.

That ALMOST put me back in a Chrysler Mini when I bot the Mo.
At the last minute they added $500+ for a doc fee and claimed that since they had charged this to some people that according to state law, I had to pay it too.

They had about 10 seconds to figure out what to do.
They determined that they would add it in to the contract and back it out of the already agreed price.......
Bottom line was the same, so I agreed. But watch these Usurious charges.

I generally take a hot shower when I return from a Nissan dealer.

Homer

·
Registered
20 Posts
hfelknor said:
No.
OTD is different.
There is no way TT&L is going to be the same from one state to another.
BUT, when comparing prices it SHOULD include any "fees" (Document fees, etc) as some smarmy dealers are now charging $500 and more to have a minimum wage kid take the paperwork down to the DMV office.

That ALMOST put me back in a Chrysler Mini when I bot the Mo.
At the last minute they added $500+ for a doc fee and claimed that since they had charged this to some people that according to state law, I had to pay it too.

They had about 10 seconds to figure out what to do.
They determined that they would add it in to the contract and back it out of the already agreed price.......
Bottom line was the same, so I agreed. But watch these Usurious charges.

I generally take a hot shower when I return from a Nissan dealer.

Homer
Gotcha, so shoot for under or around invoice before TTL. Thanks Homer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts