Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feedback plz...

Getting ready to sign on the dotted line today. Curious if you think I'm getting a good deal for the following setup:

SE 2WD
Popular, Dynamic Control and Cold Weather Pkg
Floor Mats, Cargo Protector, Wind Deflector, Splash Guards

Final designed price: $31,558
-> This is the invoice listing on Edmunds.com

OTD (w/tax,reg,etc) = $34,308

Thanx for your feedback!

·
Registered
37 Posts
depends on which dealer you go to, I think. I went to one that has no comission-based salesperson and they advertise as "No hassle pricing". Without us saying a word, the asst sales mgr gave us $500 below inv. I guess that's the good thing of "no hassle pricing". but we weren't certain as I didn't have any numbers in front of me from carsdirect or edmunds. as we about to leave, the sales mgr stepped in and offered us $800 below.. he said he needs the number to close the month... so we took the deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx - just got an offer for $300 under and they'll deliver it 90miles for me to the house where i can sign docs, etc.

i'm off to finalize all my details now... thanx again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Canada

I've been working on dealers here for over a month, and the lease rate (APR) has dropped a bit. I've gotten some written quotes that are close to $3k off MSRP, and a few of them phone every now and then.

When they phone, I tell them what my best quote is to date.

The only Internet site that I can find for cars does not deliver to where I live (or sell to where I live). Now that I've decided on an '04, I won't push it too much until late August.

It does seem that US dealers are hungry or anxious to sell their 03 MOs. I need to see some sign of that in Canada.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we got one! glacier pearl, cafe latte leather, 2WD SE, popular pkg, dynamic control pkg, cold weather pkg (who on earth needs the cold pkg in southern california???), and the std 4 accessories. the vehicle is for my mother and rumor has it the heated seats are NICE during long drives. she's worth it!

purchased @ power nissan in irvine thru the fleet/internet grp (marj). very nice, responsive, not a lot of b.s. and to my surprise, they will send a driver down w/ all the paperwork and vehicle from irvine to san diego (90 miles) for my parents to sign on the dotted line and get the keys. they never had to step foot in the dealership and i was able to do everything over the phone and thru email.

i'm happy w/ our deal considering i was in discussions with 5 other dealerships. $650 under invoice and delivery to their front door.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Way to Go!

Way to go, 10she!

I am now convinced that Internet sales and fleet sales are the people to see.

The exception is... I am also dealing with the sales managers at 3 dealers, for different reasons:

1. There is no fleet manager. SM does it.
2. Where I bought my last Nissan, sales person is now SM, and handles fleet sales.
3. Again, prior experience with SM, no % to sales person getting in the way.

Canada does not have a great deal of Internet sales staff yet (esp. not in Quebec). They pass e-mail to a sales person who phones you and wants to make a %. I thank them and tell them the price I'm looking for. They say it's impossible. I tell them I have quotes very close to it, and never hear from them again.

For a $39.5 SL, I want to pay $36. I have quotes at $36.5, so I'm sure something will give (clearance prices in the next 2 months, lower APR...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts