Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I'm sitting at a stoplight, and one of those little rice burners pulls up next to me, I'll put the MO in L and take off, then when rpms are around 4000, I shift to D2, then again at around 4000 rpm, I shift to D. Is this going to hurt the CVT? I dont remember any threads on this particular question.

·
Registered
256 Posts
don't know if it will hurt the CVT but it sure is fun to feel the front wheels scrabbling for traction when the cam kicks in! I especially find it fascinating to watch the tach peg itself at around 6K and just stay there until you lift your foot. Real rush! and 90 comes around real quick!:p

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Anytime you push the car hard its going to wear certain parts out quicker. Whether your shifting is going to cause the CVT to croak at 60,000 miles I do not know. You might get better acceleration just leaving it in Ds.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
About once a week I have been using L to take off, punch it and keep it in L until I'm going as fast as I want. No problems here after 14 months.

·
5,268 Posts
I would say it will not hurt CVT. However, as Eric L said driving harder will put more wear on certain parts. In other words it will affect the longevity of certain components.

The true is that even if you do not change from L to Ds and then to D CVT computer will change pulleys ratio so the engine rpm remain in safe range.............0 to 100 mph in L, show me other car that can do it!:22:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Kris said:
I would say it will not hurt CVT. However, as Eric L said driving harder will put more wear on certain parts. In other words it will affect the longevity of certain components.
As it is with any other vehicle.

I expect a lot from my cars, and I drive them hard. That's why I only buy high-quality vehicles, because I expect them to take my abuse and still last a decent amount of time for my investment. Would they last longer if I was gentler on them? Absolutely. But having fun with it because it can is simply an entertainment expense.

Do you want your car to last 150,000 miles, or do you want to be dainty with it and have it last 200,000? For me, I'll be satisfied with 150,000 and have some fun doing it! :roadtrip:

~ Corin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts