Click

- 500 HP V8 twin turbo used in RS6
- Adaptive Air Suspensioon
- Adaptive Xenon Headlight
- 4 + 2 seatings
- 20 inch wheels
- Audi Space Frame technology, lighter stronger
- Quartro
- Tiptronic transmission, with buttons at steering wheell (like F1)
- "Out of position" internal camera , for proper airbag deployment.
- Cold store Compartment (pepsi, cola, booz)
- 12 year rust corrosion protection
- MMI, DVD and and entertainment including USB, interet access capability for ALL pasanger with multiple LCDs
- Rear view camera and lower-sides view camera
- Lane change road pattern analyzer and warnings.

Oiii...!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is this cute XUV (murano/infinity) Slayer?

I dont think it will effect the Murano/FX. It will have an effect on the Porsche Cayenne. The price for it will be very high, probably around the $55-70k

Looks like the Touareg

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe if it is a good luxury xuv, it actually will sell .....

Look at BMW X5-s. They are one of the best selling suv ever.
And it is $50K++ for the 4.2 engine
Nor to mention to the 4.8 engine..... :crazyeye:

The toureg, with the V8, is kindda too pricey for a 'VW'. For that amount of money, one can get BMW X5; more prestigous, more bonafide luxury brand.

My guesstimate is those market-research guys at AUDI decide to sell this baby at around $55K ish, aound X5's price range.
And cap current touareg price, around $10k less in difference.

Perhaps for an audi, another luxury brand, the $55K price tag is OK? Yes I agree with you, murano is in different price range then this AUDI Pikes Peak, and so is infiniti FXs.

So do you think the release of this suv will effect the following?
Porsche chyanne,
X5,
Cadillac Escalade,
Inifinity QX,
LandCruiser,
Hummer H2,
the all new G class from Benz,

Just my 2 cents here...:)

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
The X5's are available with a 3.0l, 4.4l and 4.6l.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no more 4.6 x5 for year 2004...

BMW is stopping the 4.6
The 4.8 X5 will be around as the 2005 model.
Just an update

·
Registered
161 Posts
how much does an all road quattro go for now? Isn't that close to 50k? I would assume this would sell for much more than the allroad, but it looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I like it! I wish the MO had some extra seats in the rear.... there is enough room to support it. I guess they didn't want an extra rattles from the seats. :2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
It probably will affect the Porsche SUV, but in reality it's the same car as the Toureg and the Cayenne. Just different features. Porsche isn't too happy about VW marketing those two SUVs since they think both will hurt the Cayenne's sales.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
This Audi falls into the super crossover category, not the family hauler league that the Murano lives in. I doubt it will affect Murano sales. However, it may affect the Cayenne/Touareg (I wonder if the Audi is on that platform as well) and perhaps the FX45.

·
4,664 Posts
Gonzo said:
I like it! I wish the MO had some extra seats in the rear.... there is enough room to support it. I guess they didn't want an extra rattles from the seats. :2:
That's precisely one of the reasons I wanted the Murano. If I wanted a bus, I'd buy a bus...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Murano may have room, but this is the first car I've ever owned that fits 5 full sized adults comfortably. If it had a third row, it would be hard to get in and out of and the second row would lose space. Third row seating is just a marketing gimmic. Very few of the mid-size SUVs with it have good second row seating and non have good access to the third row. If I need more seats, I'm buying the Nissan Quest.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Naw you guys have it all wrong.... if you have kids... and I do I don't want a mini-van nor do I want a bus. The MDX was a big runner up next to the MO. The extra rear seats are great for kids and it works out well for two couples with kids to take trips.

If you can design the MO to retain the same space in the rear seats along with third row seating I would trade up.

Fortunately the need is few are and far between and I love the MO over the MDX.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People people, ...

This Audi super suv will not be build on toureg platform. The reason being is that it uses space frame technology, which vw nor chyanne is using.

Yes, porsche will be pissed off with this relase of audi xuv.
MO, on the other hand maybe be less effected.
We are in different league, price wise, luxury wise and also size wise.

Thanks for all the opinions...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This Audi super suv will not be build on toureg platform. The reason being is that it uses space frame technology, which vw nor chyanne is using.
You must be misreading an article like the one I linked below. The Pikes Peak is based off the Toureg. The LeMans is the one using space frame tech. And Porsche already is pissed because just the Toureg alone is hurting the Cayennes sales already. Porsche stated their annoyance with VW over this awhile ago.

Audi Pikes Peak and LeMans

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kids in Third row seats

Just an opinion, but most of these vehicles with third row seats do not have much protection back there. Kind of odd that most reviews of these vehicles state that the third row seats are only good for kids when this is one of the most dangerous places to put them. I had a vehicle with third row seating that I traded in on the Murano and I never felt comfortable having my kids back there. I realized we only used the third row once in a blue moon and did not need it.

·
4,664 Posts
Always liked how Audi/VW products drove. Hate how they repair... OUCH!

·
Registered
758 Posts
jaak

I think the Toureg is a great looking SUV. A bit pricey though. I did not even consider it based on VW/Audi's repair history (and pricing). All I ever heard was that they are fantastic vehicles - When they're out of the shop.

·
4,664 Posts
I look at the Porsche and I love the front end on it... I hate the rear end. The Toolrag does nothing for me. It's a VW. Whatever...

Just my reaction, I'm sure it's fine to drive, but it can't touch the Murano for wow appeal.

If I wasn't leasing, I'd get ghost flames on the hood of the Murano, just to make it look a little bit hotter on those sunny days... :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts