Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have just joined this informative forum , I am from Kuwait. I had bought a Murano just 1 week ago. Here we have only 1 version , which is supposed to be fully loaded except for the Navi. At the time of the sale , the dealership which is also a country branch of Nissan,claimed that it has VDC, EBD etc and the same were stated in the brochures. However after I recieved the car , I could not find the VDC switch nor any slip indicator in the instrument panel. When I inquired about this to the dealer , he stated that the VDC for this region is full time and hence there is no switch and that the vehicle has been made in Japan and there are differences between the American version and its Japanese counterpart.

My question is

Is what the dealer states could be true about the VDC being fulltime like the 4wd ?
Is there a significant difference between the American version and the Japanese one, if yes what are these differences.

Can somebody throw some light on this.

Regards
Praveen

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
spraveenb said:
Is what the dealer states could be true about the VDC being fulltime like the 4wd ?
Is there a significant difference between the American version and the Japanese one, if yes what are these differences.
Regards
Praveen
Praveen-

Welcome to the forum.

It is entirely possible that what the dealer is telling you is correct. The VDC may always be ON. Under normal driving (non-race) conditions there is no need to turn VDC off, so maybe that is why they did not include the switch.

In the US all new cars have a list of standard equipment and options that, by law, is affixed to the window so buyers can see exactly what equipment the car has. Is there a similar document in Kuwait? If so, then I assume the VDC should be listed.

When you first turn on the ignition several diagnostics lights will illuminate on the dash for a second or two. Does a VDC light come on?

You can always contact Nissan directly, give them your VIN number and they can confirm if your car has VDC.

Enjoy your new car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
324 Posts
Locations

Just so you can see where the VDC light
and switch are located, I have attached some images. (Tried to at least)

Large version

Large Version

For some stupid reason IMGs are turn off on this tread... Arrggg... So I will put links to the big mages...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
wa4qfy-

Is this what you were trying to post?

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
wa4qfy-

And this one?

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the funny part is this light is not there , and I got a generic manual from the dealer , which states all the options for all the versions with an "if so equipped" clause. As Njjoe had stated , there is no such document , I received from the dealer , which states what are the options I have, however from Nissan's website I gathered that I should be having the touring package etc but I do not have the TPM which belongs to the DC package. Hence I was totally confused.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
spraveenb-

I suggest contacting Nissan and asking them. They can tell by your VIN#.

If you really want to be adventurous you can remove the center console to see if your MO is equipped with the VDC G-Sensor.

This is the reason US law requires that all new cars have "window stickers" that list the standard equipment, options, and suggested retail price. It avoids confusion.

Good luck.

-njjoe

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts