Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I love my Murano - 2003, Pewter, SE AWD, great vehicle but for the following:

1. Driver's seat moves forward - and back- slightly when starting and stopping.

2. Engine Noise- I think it is coming from the engine but I noticed that it stopped when the fan stopped turning. The noise is similar to that I have seen posted here---whining with light clicking. It does this upon start and shut down of the engine. Any thoughts?

3. My computer readout for tire pressure is only listing 3 tires and I KNOW I do not havea flat third tire! Any thoughts.

4. The engine seems to rumble, not sure why but it has become louder over the last several months.

Vehicle has 22 K on it and I am taking it to the dealer for service but thought I would check to see if any of you had similar issues or thoughts as to what may be causing these problems?

Thanks!

Kj

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Seat movement is typical, depends on your dealer as to resolution. I have heard replacing the racks solves it, and some don't. Also some dealers claim to have checked other MOs and they all have a little movement so some dealers won't replace them. Don't know if anyone has called NNA on this issue when their dealers told them it was normal. As always, if the dealer doesn't satisfy you, call 1-800-NISSAN1. No perceptable movement here and I'm a heavy weight.

Not sure what noise you are describing, don't believe I have it here.

Take it to the dealer to re-register or replace that sensor.

Not sure what you mean by rumble, could be normal depending on circumstances. Some have even removed the center muffler and had a little rumble as a result. I have noticed on both the Z and the MO that the engine gets stronger with mileage, sound seems to change a little. Not just at break in, but I perceived a jump at 5000 and gradual ones every so often. Could just be my imagination though. Unconfirmed speculation is the ECU cuts in a little at a time.

10,000+ miles here, 5 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts