Nissan Murano Forum banner

It CAN'T BE TRUE !!!!!!!!!

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  jaak 
#1 ·
well got my mo back after the little fuzzy noise coming out of my left speakers.... turned out there was nothing wrong with it... BUT dealer said the BOSE speaker is meant to play only shop bought CDs, and if the lense of the cd player would get some trouble because of burnt CDs, it wouldnt be covered under warranty. the problem with me is i burn my own music cds (as most of us do) and dont want to pay 10 plus dollars for a cd (not to say half of the songs are crappy).

so, why is Nissan doing this to us. i can understand the frustration of music industry, but why would nissan do such stuff????

#3 ·
Your dealer is full of bu$$.

A CD is burnt on the top side printed area, through the clear lens. There is no difference between the production CD and home made CDs as far as the side that goes towards the lens. It is the OTHER side or the TOP that is different.

The only thing that I have noticed about Bose stereo in the Murano is that the slots that take the CD are too small for home made CD's that also have a label on them. Sometimes they are too thick to spin freely in there. So if you burn your own CDs, do not put any labels on them or you risk getting them stuck inside. Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing on the clear side of the CD, the side that laser is aimed at, that is different from production CDs or can do harm to the player.

#4 ·
i understand the caution of putting a label since it got stuck on one of my friend's car... so i always use a label marker on computer and mo's CD-drives......
but i will go to my dealer again (to get my alternator replaced) and will talk to him about it.

thanks guys !!

#5 ·
Hmmm Wonder if there's variation in CDR thickness. I've not had a problem with that at all, and most of mine have labels.

I don't put CDs in there, because the changer will lightly scratch the bottom surface if it does not pull them in, just right. So all my disks are CDRs and have been for over two years. Even when I want a full CD, I copy it, so the original doesn't get damaged.

The only CDR I had an issue with, was a "Best of the Stranglers" that I created. The changer would slip on the large amount of black on the label. Yet all the CDRs with the same label material and little black, are fine.

So not only is your dealer full of it, but it further adds to Nissan being behind in this area. Not only should it handle CDRs, but it should be able to handle CDRs loaded with MP3s.

#7 ·
Put in a normal store bought CD (borrow one from a friend :D) and bring it back to the dealer and show them the speaker issue. I can't see where they would have excuse to deny service then. How does running burned CD's ruin the CD player?!

#9 ·
There is a method of root cuse analysis called 5W (5 why). If something happens you simply asked 5 questions why? Usually it gets yo to the bottom of the problem. Let's modify it for dealers and call it 10W. next thime you go to a dealer and he refuses something asked him 10 times WHY? Let's see if he can come with 10 excusses....

#10 ·
Kris said:
There is a method of root cuse analysis called 5W (5 why). If something happens you simply asked 5 questions why? Usually it gets yo to the bottom of the problem. Let's modify it for dealers and call it 10W. next thime you go to a dealer and he refuses something asked him 10 times WHY? Let's see if he can come with 10 excusses....
LOL!!! :D :D

Its so true.

#11 ·
CD Player issues

The left channel will occassionally cut out on my 2004 MO. My dealer also said that if they are not store bought the CD player is not covered under the mfr warranty which I believe is total BS. I can get it working again by ejecting the discs and reinstalling them. Hope I don't have issues like this with other problems.

#12 ·
Re: CD Player issues

saltsage said:
The left channel will occassionally cut out on my 2004 MO. My dealer also said that if they are not store bought the CD player is not covered under the mfr warranty which I believe is total BS. I can get it working again by ejecting the discs and reinstalling them. Hope I don't have issues like this with other problems.
I suppose it is reasonable for them to say the player is not guarantied to play home burned CDs.

#15 ·
Re: CD Player issues

saltsage said:
saltsage

This is a known issue that has nothing to do with the CD. The internal power ribbon from the CD player and the HU comes loose and cuts out left channels. If you search the forum you will find many incidences of this. When you put in and remove the CD, you are in fact moving the ribbon cable and that is why it connects and then disconnects again. Take your car to the dealer and nicely, but firmly, demand that your radio unit is replaced.

A word of warning though. After some time, some replaced units still came up with the same problem. The only way to keep it from happening again is to take the unit apart and solder the connections inside. I do not recommend this to people with warranty, but those without could benefit from it!

#16 ·
You guys are so right..... these dealers will not run out of excuse when a customer bring out problems.

I had a problem on my stereo cutting out on the left speaker too, CD' s slipping out of it's track and being spit out on the unit. Called the dealer about it and all they told me was "DO NOT PLAY AFTER MARKET CD'S".

Duh!! I don't play those coz I don't know how to burn them. How can their reason stand .

My brother told me to clean all six track with a CD Cleaner, maybe some grime and dirt got into the track causing it to slip and spit out the CD. It worked!!!!

As to the left speaker, I'll print out this thread and go bug the dealer again.

#19 ·
Zebelkahn: Thanks mucho for the link. I printed it... hopefully get some listening ear at the dealer:)

#20 ·
chita1987usa said:
Zebelkahn: Thanks mucho for the link. I printed it... hopefully get some listening ear at the dealer:)
You are welcome. The ribbon cable that causes the left channals to cut out is actually not this one. That cable is located internaly and runs between the CD player unit and the radio unit (Head Unit). You cannot see that one unless you take the radio apart and because it requires disassembly, dealers just replace the whole thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.