Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MO'sters,

Does anyone have a good story about how people can't stop staring at your Murano?

I have noticed how most folks have their head on a swivel when they see the MO. You become the center of attention at stop lights.

When I drive the MO to work, I still hear fellow employees talking about that gorgeous copper SUV in the parking garage.

My wife was stopped by two of her friends after the kid's holiday concert because they saw her in the MO earlier that day.
"What kind of SUV is that?" "What a pretty color!"
My Wife really wanted the Toyota Highlander at first, but as we left the school I reminded her again, "This is an SUV that will turn heads."

"You were right, honey!"

Words to live by....

·
4,601 Posts
In February I had someone chase me down to ask about it... A young couple. They were both wowing over it, wanted to know what it was, loved the colour. I told them to check out the plate as we drove away...Gotta big thumbs up from both of them.

These days, most people know what it is and will just start talking about it... There's a lot of them around now....:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
We've been stopped a few times at gas stations and most recently at a tire shop (damned screw in the sidewall) and had a guy asking about it. I am seeing more and more of them on the road - which I have mixed feelings about. On one hand - I know I'm not the only one who likes it. On the other hand - I don't want it to become the Toyota Camary of the SUV world :)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
People definitely wow over the MO. When I had my mustang I would drive through my housing plan and the kids would run after me yelling vroooooooooooooom and now in the MO they run all the way to my house asking for a ride!

I love how everyone is so amazed by this car!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I got a lot of comments when I was standing outside my car from people... of course they didn't know that I was standing outside my car becuase the MO had locked me out. DOH! :1pat:

I was dring to work (to the airport) and the control tower cleared me for takeoff!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Last month, my wife and I stopped for lunch at Einstein Bagels. We decided to have our panini out on the front porch right in front of the MO.

While we were eating, a couple walked by and the husband gently pulled his wife to the side of our MO. I just kept raving about how cool it was. Miyako, my wife, and I just kept looking at each other and grinning. This guy was practically drooling all over my MO. He cupped his hands around his eyes and looked throught the windows. He checked out the tires. He commented on how cool the rear quarter window was. He was completely enamored by the car.

This is one, if not the, coolest cars I've ever owned. I've gotten tons of compliments on the '98 New Beetle I used to have. However, that guy was the first person that ever just flat out drooled over a car I owned. :D

·
4,601 Posts
Should have rolled down the windows with your remote and told him to get a better look inside....

That would have been funny.

My Manager thinks it looks like an aircraft inside.... (In a good way...) I told him I'd give it up for his Corvette.

·
SHIFT_ passion
72 Posts
Indeed it does turn heads, expecially debadged! Ive been going through all this for about the 7 months with my 04 Maxima. The way I have it set up its hard to find someone who knows what it is. The Murano is still kinda hard to customize fully, there arent any grilles w/out the nissan badge. I must say I do love my Mo already, and here soon I't will be a BIG head turner...:eek:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
mrkapp:

Do you have any pics of the maxima?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before I purchased the MO, I myself have done 360 views of others MOs on the road by changing lanes. Now I find other doing 360 views of my MO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
in 6000 k's, I have only noticed one person come over and give it a glance while it's parked but never has anyone done a double take yet. I have got into a couple road rage situations though.
I tend to honk at or "bright" people when they do (what I think are) dumb things and no one ever did anything in 3 years of driving a focus station wagon. (a dumb thing in itself).
But twice in 1 month I've got into some pretty heated confrontations with the mo.
I have done a lot of driving in everything from motorcycles to rigs, but this vehicle seems to make the most happen. I'm being more careful now.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
mrkapp said:

You bet... let me know what you think!!KaPpSmAx :2:
very nice...i can see how people would wonder what it is...care to give away some of what you are going to do?

·
Registered
763 Posts
mrkapp - nice to have someone else in KC on the board! :)
Although I'm seeing a few more around town it is definitely a very rare SUV! :cool:
It really feel's good when people at Arrowhead, The Plaza or Town Center compliment your MO & ask about it! :D
I've always debadged my cars, but this one really confuses people :confused:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yup. Let's see... I've had a number of people turn and look at the Murano as they drove or walked by...

I had a guy at the Taco Bell drive thru compliment me... a young person at that. He was probably looking for chrome wheels and an aluminum spoiler, but he still thought it was awesome. ;)

Another, a guy walked up to me outside of Staples and asked about the Murano. He was comparing to the FX. He was particularly interested in the interior. I told him they were a lot alike inside except the FX has a little less headroom and cargo space in the back seat and cargo area. But otherwise the styling of each vehicle was fairly similar.

Let's see, who else...

·
4,601 Posts
I saw a guy park his silver SL and check out my copper SL as he walked by...

I think he was curious what the lump on the roof (SAT) was for. Should've just asked....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Had another person check out the MO in front of 7-11 today.

He saw me get out, stopped, and was staring at my Murano as I walked past and into Sev's. ;)

Either he was amazed at the good looks, or was staring at the TERRIBLE "free car wash" my dealership gave me (just picked it up from getting serviced). I'd like to think he was checking out the good looks :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Murano/ The Italian Connection

Hey fellow enthusiasts...Found this website just recently...and i love it. I find it mesmerizing. Nice to find others who are as crazy about their Murano as me. I have customized my 03 Super Black/Cafe Latte cloth SL Murano. I have had the chrome grille painted black to match the body paint. I have totally de-badged the car of all Nissan emblems, inside and out. I have had the calipers painted red. The chrome door handles recovered in a carbon fiber adhesive trim. The Nissan emblems on the wheel center caps were removed and also covered in carbon fiber. I have replaced the stock tires with p255/50 18 Kumho Exstas that are "V" rated. These give the Murano a squatter more stable ride. A little stiffer, but so much more butch looking. They are unidirectional and handle rain incredibly. Bought them off the web from Tirerack.com. I have replaced the rear gas cap cover with an aluminum cover. I have added the XM-Delphi satellite radio on an aluminum stalk inside the vehicle. It is mounted on the right side of the center console and is multiadjustable. The Delphi's lighting is orange to match the Murano's interior lighting scheme. And the exterior of the Delphi-xm unit is the same aluminum as the accents in the Muranos interior. I have had the steering wheel, which is cafe latte colored leather, repainted black on the sides of the steering wheel where the seams are stitched and the center boss {steering wheel cover} painted black also, as well as the Nissan emblem in the center of the steering wheel boss also painted black to blend in. I also had the Cafe Latte shift knob and the center console/elbow rest pad painted black also. I replaced the stock muffler with a true dual exhaust system from Borla with larger 3" alum exhaust tips. Sounds awesome. The stock unit was so too quiet. Also added a K&N airfilter. I had it dynoed a couple of weeks ago..and these two enhancements alone brought the stock hp figure up to 262 horses. You can hear and feel the difference when the accelerator is pushed. I had the small interior dash panel right above the display and the bump in the dash-tray that extends from the display to the front of the windshield both recovered in the same carbon-fiber material that i used for the chrome exterior door handles, window exterior trim and exterior mirror housings. I also had the same carbon-fiber trim applied to the raised portion of the front hood. I also added a small black carbon-fiber NACA hood-scoop feeding fresh air into the engine. In the large bottom air-intake below the front grill opening i had an aluminum mesh grill fabricated to fill the entire apeture. I also had a small aluminum mesh grill cover manufactured to take the place of the hole in the black painted grill when i had the Nissan emblem removed. The rear tailights i had sprayed with special paint that makes them a dark smoked color, almost black and as such blends in with the debadged black hatch paint...the black paint and rear smoked lights look like one piece...with the fatter tires, the bigger exhaust tips and smoked taillights..it looks tough and evil. When i mentioned the above Italian Connection, what with the Murano being an Italian art-glass...i am also a big Ferrai fan and have placed a few small Ferrari cloisonnes badges on the Muranos black flanks. The "sculpture in motion" that Nissan uses in their ads looks "Italian", and is something that I can see as a Ferrari SUV. That is if Ferrari ever would make an SUV, i know it would look sleek and relatively small like the Murano, instead of the overweight pig that is a Porsche Cayenne. My Murano also DOES NOT have the roof rails, and it looks so much sleeker. I live in Kansas, where we do get lots of snow..but i have it garaged in bad weather..and drive another vehicle. I bought my Murano off of the web, and went all the way to Oklahoma to pick it up. Saved about 2k from the local dealers. But the local dealer still services it for me. Summing it all up...i have a vehicle that people mistake for a Ferrari SUV, a Porsche Cayenne etc.....that hauls ass and turns every head.

·
5,244 Posts
dweesner

welcome to the club!

Amazing post. And it is only first for you. Just keep posting.

Oh and definitely you need to post photos. From your description it looks like you have something!

:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah, that sounds pretty wild. i need to see lots of detailed photos on your masterpiece.:18:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts