Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of our new Copper Murano SE with cabernet leather and most options except DVD. We've been waiting since ordering on March 6, but it was worth the wait. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats momamma. I have a copper SL AWD with cabernet leather touring package and chrome wheel package. Had it for about three weeks now and I love it. I was gonna get an SE but I couldnt find one in the color combo I wanted and did not want to wait the 3 months to order one. So when I was finally able to locate my SL I snatched it up. Only thing I missed out on was the stiffer suspension and the manual auto shift. Would have liked that Manual shift feature, tell me if you use it a lot and if you like it. Have fun.

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats to both of you... Ya gotta love the Copper.... Well I love mine. I still catch myself just standing in the garage looking at it, even a year and a half later!:D

I want the ability to shift, and have Ds and L. But given the choice, I do love Ds... It really is like a sport mode, not a second gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Momama -
Quick question...
I have recently ordered my MO, Date of delivery Aug13th.
Did the dealership keep extending your arrival date for your MO? Or did they actually give you a 4 month lead time....?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all4me -

Here's what I have learned. Orders are only accepted by Nissan during the first week of the month. If ordered after the cutoff, the order will not be processed until the following month. The first month, Nissan accepts and schedules the order. The second month, Nissan builds the car. The third month is for shipping and delivery.

My order was placed March 6, and I was told 60 to 90 days for delivery. At the end of March, the dealer had to reorder the car because of some problem with the initial order. So in my case, Nissan scheduled the order during April, and built it in May. I expected delivery in June, but only managed to get a VIN assigned. Toward the middle of June, Nissan had a scheduled delivery date of July 9. On July 7, Nissan changed the delivery date to July 19. The car actually arrived at the dealer on July 14.

If you ordered your car during the first week of July, the only way I can see delivery in August is for the dealer to locate one like you ordered and do a dealer trade. Or, maybe the dealer already has an exact match on order and will be selling you that one.

One glitch still remains with mine. I ordered the Sunroof Wind Deflector. It shows up on the acknowledgement from Nissan. It doesn't show on the window sticker, and it was not on the car. The dealer has ordered the part, but can offer no good explanation for the deletion.

Be patient. It's worth it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
jaycen29 said:
2004 Murano SL AWD
Sunlit Copper/Cabernet Leather
SL Touring Package
Chrome Wheel Package
Sunroof Wind Deflector
Splash Guards
Carpeted Floor Mats
Cargo Area Protector
Alpine Amp
Two 12" Eclipse Subwoofers

Just Added:
Clifford RSX 3.5 Two-Way Pager Alarm
Remote Start
4 Remote Up/Down Windows
Two Blue Door LEDs
One Blue Dash LED Bar
Clifford GPS Tracking System
Not to slide too far OT, but you ADDED remote windows? I assume you mean added the back windows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts