Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something odd has developed with my 2003 SL Cdn model. I have almost 60,000 km on the vehicle. The other day while letting it warm up on a -20C morning I was surprised when the seat heater switch dropped into the consul when I went to turn it on. I then touched the 4-lock switch and it dropped as well. I eventually figured out the plastic frame which holds these switches was warped. I went to see my dealer who said they had never seen anything like it in this vehicle. They actually called out various service personnel and mechanics to look at it. I speculated an electrical overheating situation with the switches may account for the deformation. They felt this was unlikely stating the switches were very low current and would not heat up the frame that holds them. In any event they have ordered the replacement part and will repair it under warranty without any resistance.

Has any one else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
wayne p said:
Something odd has developed with my 2003 SL Cdn model. I have almost 60,000 km on the vehicle. The other day while letting it warm up on a -20C morning I was surprised when the seat heater switch dropped into the consul when I went to turn it on. I then touched the 4-lock switch and it dropped as well. I eventually figured out the plastic frame which holds these switches was warped. I went to see my dealer who said they had never seen anything like it in this vehicle. They actually called out various service personnel and mechanics to look at it. I speculated an electrical overheating situation with the switches may account for the deformation. They felt this was unlikely stating the switches were very low current and would not heat up the frame that holds them. In any event they have ordered the replacement part and will repair it under warranty without any resistance.

Has any one else encountered this problem?
I would like to know where in Canada it got to -20C this winter, it has been way above average in temp at winter and it is supposed to hit 12C today. At least the mountains are still getting snow. www.skifernie.com

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
pretty cold up in the northwest territories and the yukon. i guess it may be kinda cold on the east coast. certainly not cold enough in alberta.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not cold on the East Coast. As I type this it is just above freezing with light snow.
Coldest temp so far this winter was 13F overnight a couple of weeks back. Other than that this winter has been decidedly balmy with virtually no snow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. In my case I still feel the mounting block has distorted/melted. It has actually sagged a bit in the middle.

I was called today by the dealer and the part is in. I have set up repairs for Thursday next week. They say it will take about an hour or so.

As to the -20C, it still gets very cold here overnight, on the northern tip of Lake Superior. We are experiencing an unusually mild winter however, with day time highs in the -10 to -2C range. For January in Northwestern Ontario this is extremely mild.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
wayne p-

When they replace the mounting block I suggest you ask to see it. Check the underside to make sure there are no indications of excessive heat. There shouldn't be any, but it's worth a look.

-njjoe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
njoe,

That is a good idea. I will ask the dealer to hold the removed part so I can look at it. I have no doubt my dealer would give me a straight answer as to what they find when it is removed, they are very customer oriented, but I would like to see for myself. Thanks for the idea. I will post the results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts