Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing special ... just oil change... but noticed Mobil 1 extended performance in canadian tire for about $45.... almost same price as for Amsoil..... but is it worth it ???

Comparison between Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Extended

nothing special about this except you get 15,000 miles from it in a year... but it is still recommended to get the oil changed after 6 months anyways... so looking at how much i drive in 6 months (about 5,000 miles) i dont see any reason to buy this vs. mobil 1 regular (which is $33).....

comments ???

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
IMHO "extended" oils are NOT worth it. I believe they are regular oil with a different label. Looking at their regular oils

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Oils.aspx

The Goverment ratings are all the same, car manufactures say using regular oils change at 7,500 for everyday use. Honestly, even though I change my oil every 3,000 Miles I feel that it is NOT necessary. However I still do it because I'm chicken not too. They have use "trained" well.

Now Mobil is playing the marketing game with Mobil 5000, Mobil 7500 etc. Silly, they used to have a 3000 mile oil too. Its an insult to consomers almost enough to me to stop using Mobil oils.

So a quick answer to your question, not I would not got with Mobil 1 extended.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
"Now Mobil is playing the marketing game with Mobil 5000, Mobil 7500 etc."

Looks like Amsoil is getting to them.....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
hasaanbhutta-

Is Mobile-1 Extended really worth 36% more than the "regular" Mobile-1? I don't think so, not unless the bottles opened themselves up and did the oil change on their own! Save the twelve bucks and spend in on some Molson. :D

-njjoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts