Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Ahh.. That's nothing, have you seen my post count on FA?

Now that's nuts!!! Last time I noticed, I think I was over 2600. Really obsessed on the MO for while there... I still love it! It's just soooo coool! Haven't stood in the garage and stared at it in a while though....:drool:

·
4,664 Posts
Hey, I see you've done a word on the word association thread... Have to go look! (It's fun being obsessive, really it is!)

·
Registered
278 Posts
jaak, I know you'll understand!

Something snapped in my psyche today. I think I recovered from sticker shock, came to my senses, and realized that the cost of an SE, AWD, loaded (except Nav) is not such a big deal, and...

I can get it in blue with a black interior (leather, of course).

Every other combo was 80%, 75%, 90%, 92% of what I really wanted. This is 115% of what I want, so I'll just let the 15% tag along until I sell the puppy. Full-loads are easier to sell than base models.

... now the wait... an 04, a deal on an 03...

·
4,664 Posts
Well comparing Canadian optioned MO's, I looked at the SE compared to the SL and here's how it worked out, looking at what the SE had over the SL.

VDC - don't care
TC - don't care
HID's - Yes, want 'em
Leather - I like leather, but in the MO I like the looks of the cloth better.
SE wheels - Nope, like the SL's better
Ride - like the SL's better
NAV - only on the SE in Canada. Bummer...
Tire Pressure sensors - Yes, Want them.

So the question was did I pay another $10 K for NAV, HID's and tire pressure sensors and get a harsher ride and the wheels I don't want.

That's why I have an SL. Now if we had the same option choices as the US, things might be different.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I did the same thing

VDC - don't care
TC - don't care
HID's - Yes, want 'em
Leather - I like leather, but in the MO I like the looks of the cloth better.
SE wheels - Nope, like the SL's better
Ride - like the SL's better
NAV - only on the SE in Canada. Bummer...
Tire Pressure sensors - Yes, Want them.

So the question was did I pay another $10 K for...

VDC, TC, and AWD (since I was waiting for a FWD 04): Well, maybe the one time you need or use any of them is the one that counts.

HID: Hmmm... do I want lights that cost $1,000 to replace? No, but they are cool, according to the discussions. Driving at night with them on the demo was ... didn't notice ... road was bright... PF lights are also great... 50-50 on the lights.

Leather: is actually one of the deciding factors for me. I do want it (yep, I can get it added).

Nav: You don't have to take Nav on an SE, so the difference becomes $7,000.

Higher lease rate on SE ("hey, if you can afford an SE, you can afford to pay us more")

The ride: I can't tell the difference. Theoretically, I should like the SL's softer ride better, but I really can't tell the difference.

Whichever I take, I will replace the extra miles I pay for on the PF with a 2nd car in the household, for a lot of local trips that add miles (milk is 10 miles away here; eggs are 20).

Payments on SE are similar to my PF payment, but for 4 years. The money is there, and it's a choice: spend it on the car or on something else.

When you're done with a loaded vehicle, it has more resale value than a base.

Sunroof is also on the SE list, and it can be added to an SL. There are times when I enjoy a sunroof (head room is not an issue... plenty left). Paying for leather and sunroof on an SL, and not having all the stuff that could be potentially safer... some rainy day, some snow storm or other...

I found myself lately dreaming of the Altima SL (with leather and sunroof, and the strong contender for next year's new car, with a used car for this coming year). I even considered Altima INSTEAD of MO, or Altima now, MO in a year, and it was because of the leather and the sunroof (and the yummy comfort that both offer).

That's what clued me that I really do want Maximam luxury (pun intended). Better to pay up than to live with a regret.

Now to wait for a sale/deal. My blue one has been sitting there for months. It is not being used for demo.

First MO I saw was blue. Silver is my 2nd choice, and I do not want blue/blonde (the SL combo for blue).

Wait until tomorrow, so I can change my mind again.

Meet you in Kingston someday?

·
4,664 Posts
I would have liked the NAV, so it's more a case of it being $10K to have it over and SL price, than the 7K..

In hindsight, if the SE lease was not much more than the SL, I'd probably go for it.

The SL interior is a good spark generator, something the leather won't do.

I like the high end Altima, but the interior could be a bit better. I don't like the looks of the new Maxima at all, so for me it would either be an Altima or a G35. Loved my 2K Maxima... Except the tailights were hideous.

I actually was looking at other vehicles, because I need to stick large boxes in on occasion and the Max can't do it. When I saw the Murano, that was it....

I know someone in the states with a Blue SE that might be selling it...

Kingston? Who knows! I don't see it in the near future, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

You should hook up with Tyler there....

·
Registered
278 Posts
jaak said:
I would have liked the NAV, so it's more a case of it being $10K to have it over and SL price, than the 7K..
Well, yes, I also want Nav, but that would seriously damage my budget brain cells!

In hindsight, if the SE lease was not much more than the SL, I'd probably go for it.
I can justify it (budget-wise), afford it, and I WANT it!

The SL interior is a good spark generator, something the leather won't do.
Great! That's why I NEED to get an SE!

I like the high end Altima, but the interior could be a bit better. ... or a G35.
Oh, no, I have to keep myself AWAY from the Infinit dealer! I'd have to sell the house!

I need to stick large boxes in on occasion ....
Ditto

I know someone in the states with a Blue SE that might be selling it...
Sounds good, but I will probably just lease a gnu one.

Kingston? Tyler there....
I only get there rarely. It was just the midpoint. I go more to Cornwall, Hawkesbury, Montreal, occasionally Ottawa/Kingston.

·
4,664 Posts
No Tyler's in Ottawa.... Or thereabouts!

·
Registered
278 Posts
jaak said:
No Tyler's in Ottawa.... Or thereabouts!
There's MadMax in Ottawa and Phen, too. Everybody and his mother has bought an MO around here, too... the Nissan dealer is very popular (and with cause).

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Gripper... Have a look at the first post in this thread. Recognise yourself?;)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
At the rate Grip is racing up the post counts, he'll be tops in less than a week!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Is someone implying that just beacuse Grippee serves me breakfast and lunch at the computer since I am always busy reading the forum, doing searches for info to question and the rest of the time working on the Mo and the Mo and then the MO. My other toys are feeling left out. Yup! I got it bad. :2:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Aha so thats his secret. :2:

·
4,664 Posts
GripperDon said:
Is someone implying that just beacuse Grippee serves me breakfast and lunch at the computer since I am always busy reading the forum, doing searches for info to question and the rest of the time working on the Mo and the Mo and then the MO. My other toys are feeling left out. Yup! I got it bad. :2:
Yeah, the way life should be.

Hey, today I washed my car and found out it's copper coloured! There was so much salt on it I thought it was white!

·
4,664 Posts
Wow, I'm the only one in the short list that joined in 2002. In the long list, the other 2002's have wandered off.

And to think I was lurking for a couple of months.

On FA, I have over 3,000 posts and I don't even go there much anymore.

I call it Murano love. Others call it Obsessed. I'm fine with that too.:p

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I guess I have been interested in the MO, If Moderrators want me to Go away, I will get outa here!

I did not ever look at it as a competion, I have spent my life in engineering and a lot (but not most) of that safety and engines.

My posting was just that my posting, If doesn't stop other from posting. I try hard to give good honest answers. But Maybe as I am not a "seasoned member" I have offended.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah Grip I for one don't mind your posts. The post count, I stopped counting a while back (well, when you passed me last week). :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts