Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaak, i have the Antenna and the receiver. However, the antenna is a bit different then the past ones.
There is only a single wire from the antenna now. They included a splitter. Thoughts? and how does this complicate or make this job easier?
Jim
And whats the best way to secure the receiver to the vehicle? They have brackets in the kit.

·
4,601 Posts
OK, the antenna does both bands, terrestrial and sattelite, so you need the splitter in there. The antenna should fit in one connector and then the other two should fit into the receiver.

For mounting, the brackets, unfortunately, don't get used. What you do is take the thick foam rectangle, and cut it into strips, maybe an inch or so wide and stack them. I put velcro between the receiver and the tape, and stacked the tape and stuck the whole thing in that space behind the passenger seat on drivers side. (Yes, in the back...) With the velcro, I can remove the Sat receiver, and replace it, if needed.

Someone posted pics somewhere, I have to go search for them....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its only held down by the velcro?
Its looks like running the antenna will be easier with the single wire.
But they also did not provide the littel foam sleeves for the antenna wire.
Do I even need those?

·
4,601 Posts
You don't have to use the velcro, but I did so I wouldn't destroy the tape, if I wanted to remove the receiver for some reason. You need the tape to elevate the receiver enough to clear the bolts...

I got foam tape that I would fold over the antenna lead and then stuffed it down the side between the body and the inner panel. The idea with the tape was to ensure it didn't rattle.

I'm curious, have you looked at the web site?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So just enough velcro to make a flat surface?
Then only held down by the velcro?
Hmmm
Sounds easy. Did you use/need the antenna template they provide?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I looked at all pics. But It just did not compute in my onion.
I must be trying to make it harder then it is

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I don't have any pics of the receiver mount, because I kept hoping Nissan would release a bracket like the Bose amp has. It's possible the same bracket would work, but even the Nissan instructions tell you to layer the foam and stick the thing on with it.

I got a big rectangle of double sided adhesive high density foam in the kit. I cut it in half, then into two sets of strips. I stuck these to the bottom of the receiver, stacking them in two stacks (Velcro optional) and stuck this to the Murano in the spot shown by the picture.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It would be interesting to find someone who had factory SAT, and have them look and see if they have a bracket - or if there's someone in the factory whose job it is to cut and stack sticky foam!

·
4,601 Posts
No bracket, stacked foam, believe it, or not...:rolleyes:

Here's the installation guide from Nissan.

Check out page 7 and 8. No bracket. They call the thick double sided adhesive foam, a spacer and tell you to cut it and stack it...

I've never enquired to see what the bracket for the Bose amp, would cost, but it appears to me that it would fit and the Sat receiver could be attached to it instead.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Success, Its all installed AND works......................
It took 2.5 hours.
The only thing that bothers me is the antenna wire and its placement
I set the antenna tail lip perfect on the edge. However I did not pull enough slack up towards the antenna.
here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaak you think that this may be an issue?

·
4,601 Posts
As long as you used that blob of gooey stuff to seal around the wire so it won't let water migrate along it, then it should be fine.

I agree, it would have been nice to have a bit more slack so it was against the body, but the reality is, it's tough for anything to get in there to even touch it, so I'd leave it alone. You'd probably do more damage to the wire trying to fix it. And besides, who's going to see it?

It's just a visual thing, I don't see it as an issue for the wire.:D

I'd like another shot of what the antenna looks like, if you have one. Nice colour by the way... ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I used the Gum on both ends of the wire.
Thanks for the assist.
Yea, I have not seen many MO's this color.
I grows on ya after awhile.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, it's a lot sleeker antenna than this!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts