Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is my jackass move of the week.

Got my 04 MO last week, finally came time to get some go-go juice for it. Well I pull up to the station with the driver side to the pump. It was a self-serve pump. I spend about 10 minutes looking for the gas door release, but no luck. As the attendant that is working there, he tries to look for 10 minutes and then gets the mechanics that are working there, so now there are 5 of us looking for the darn release no one can figure it out, btw I took the manual out the night before to read up on some points, so kinda sucked when everyone said check the manual. Finally after almost 30 minutes at the pump a guy come up and asked what is going on and we explained to him, with a magic press of his finger he pushes open the gas door. I am a Fuqen idiot :1:

Well at least i will never forget were or how to open it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I'll bet they all enjoyed checking out your new MO anyway. They can tell all of their friends that they've seen the inside of the 04 MO!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heh! I did the same thing when I filled mine up for the first time. The bad thing was that I had opened the gas door before when I was at home and knew that you just had to push on it. When I was at the pump though, it wouldn't open with a push. I had to check the manual to find out that you have to unlock the doors before the gas door will open.

·
4,664 Posts
I remember in Late November of 2002 looking at it in the dealership showroom and trying to figure out how it worked. Once I figured it out, I showed the salesman who was there, 'cause he had no idea.

We talked, and joked about saving that one for me, as I was winding up the lease on my Maxima. I took delivery of that specific vehicle, the end of January. Still makes me smile. I still think it's an awesome vehicle and love driving it!:roadtrip:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
rlb330 said:
Heh! I did the same thing when I filled mine up for the first time. The bad thing was that I had opened the gas door before when I was at home and knew that you just had to push on it. When I was at the pump though, it wouldn't open with a push. I had to check the manual to find out that you have to unlock the doors before the gas door will open.
I had no idea that the doors had to be unlocked?!?! I spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out why that thing wouldnt open. The funny thing was that I pushed and pushed on it and when i went home and pulled it in the garage it had burped open. I felt like a fool.

By the way, I'm Rob, I'm new, and I love the MO! :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
At least you didn't get a screw driver out and pry it open...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a fun way to start my Saturday :)

I had a much better weekend. We took the MO out for a little test drive in a muddy, sandy area and it worked very well in AWD.

Can't get over how well the MO drives and handles.

Still didn't even try out all the cool gadgets it has.

·
4,664 Posts
OK, if you just figured out the gas cap, then we should see if you know about the little thing that flips down from the lid of the drink holder....;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gas

You know when you purchase a Nissan and the sales guy tells you he has to go over everything with you before you drive off the lot and then tells you that you will be receiving a survey from Nissan in the mail? He then tells you to check Excellent on everything and if your not going to do that then just throw it away? Well when you receive yours tell them about the Gas release problem. That was the FIRST thing my salesman showed me in Feb 2003. You probably also know that if the doors are locked that gas door will not open. It just amazes me that with all the training Nissan gives their salesforce some just dont care. But they care about the survey.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When i picked it up, they where not sure about all the options, so just showed the basics. When I asked about the Navigation system, he replied that 'We never sold one with it, so we dont know how to use it' I was like ok

I will spend the weekend going over the manuals and do some trial and error, nothing like getting stuck somewhere and not knowing how to use the Mo's features

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our salesman went over almost everything with us during the Vehicle Introduction (including the flip-down thing for the cupholders :D which BTW on our 04 had a removable sticker/tag on the flip-down part saying that it flips down) He showed us everything from folding in the side mirrors to setting the garage remote for us. Most of the stuff we knew from lurking on these forums beforehand but he was still able to show us some new features that made me go "thats cool" or "thats a smart idea".

·
Registered
25 Posts
The entire sidemirror folds inward, if you are tight for space when parking the car. Most trucks have this function. I haven't driven a car for awhile but Im guessing they have the same function too. Its not automatic though, you have to manually fold them in yourself. I thought most vehicles had them so thats why I thought it was almost unnecessary for the salesman to show this to us.

If someone can post a pic of the mirror folded Im sure it'll be much easier to understand than my attempt to explain it.

edit: Here is a link to a pic of something similar. Its not the Murano mirror but you get the idea

http://us.st7.yimg.com/store2.yimg.com/I/streetbeatcustoms_1761_151650330

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same here.

However, instead of spending 30 minutes trying to figure it out, I promptly open my glove compartment. Got the manual out and figured it out.

Remember, when in doublt, RTFM!! :31:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
btw I took the manual out the night before to read up on some points, so kinda sucked when everyone said check the manual
I would have, but like I said before It wasnt in the Glove Box

1 - 15 of 15 Posts