Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i have been searching high and low for the input location. My MO has a aux button on the stock radio. any idea?

First post, dont mind my english.

regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone know?
I did a quick search around the car, underseats, boots etc. (semi-thoroughly),
and couldn't find it?
Not even sure if the AUX is audio or video input, but but the icon in the screen it should be a video input (yellow AV plug icon)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been playing with a device under the front passenger seat which seems to be the connection for aux, but mine came with a Panasonic remote & everything is in Japanese, this device also has a SIM card which is also Japanese, not sure what it is for, does anyone have an idea on what it is..

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't think any stock 2003 - 2007 have an AUX input.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been playing with a device under the front passenger seat which seems to be the connection for aux, but mine came with a Panasonic remote & everything is in Japanese, this device also has a SIM card which is also Japanese, not sure what it is for, does anyone have an idea on what it is..
That sounds like an aftermarket product installed. Possibly a phone if it has a SIM card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny thing is that it has a phone cable which is in the centre console, the device under the front passenger seat has the typical audio (red&white)/video(yellow) cables connected to it, when I select the aux option on the audio options a blank screen comes up with some error msgs in Japanese, the remote is Panasonic & playing with the buttons takes me into some menus which again all in Japanese, by the way my car is a Japanese import 2005 model, from all I have read on other forums these are different then the American models

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find out what that cable is for in the end? I also see it in my car and wanted to install an ipod aux connector. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw in youtube a Japanese guy saying that you can find de aux out in the luggage (comments), but don't say where exactly, I put a question but he didn't answer, for now I'm using one Bluetooth fm accessory

The video is this one:

https://youtu.be/3BxpCKQqLkg

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
My 2007 had an aux input and I had an aftermarket device connected to it for playback from a Walkman.

Getting at the aux input required pulling the radio from the dash to connect a cable, and the adapter device was tucked behind the dash before re-installing the radio. I ran a cable out from under the dash to connect the Walkman.

That's about all I recall after 9 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny thing is that it has a phone cable which is in the centre console, the device under the front passenger seat has the typical audio (red&white)/video(yellow) cables connected to it, when I select the aux option on the audio options a blank screen comes up with some error msgs in Japanese, the remote is Panasonic & playing with the buttons takes me into some menus which again all in Japanese, by the way my car is a Japanese import 2005 model, from all I have read on other forums these are different then the American models
I think the same phone cable is the one used as an Aux in. When you find a phone which is compatible for connecting to the same phone cable, I think you can then play the music on the phone through the car audio system

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
You are correct, but note that the post you quoted is 8 years old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts