Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating adding the JBL BassPro Hub for some more bass in the Murano. I have the 2020 Platinum with the Bose system/amp.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with it? Would having the Bose system make install impossible? I know that I would have to remove the current sub, but this seems like it might be a good alternative for some more bass. I would likely have a pro install it, but prior to purchasing I was curious if others have used the sub.

I've done some searching on the forum and found a couple people mentioning installs for it, but on the non-Bose system, and didn't see a follow-up on if they were happy with it.

Link (Crutchfield)

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
If you want a more solid of bass from the Bose system, you need to drive the subwoofer with a separate amp. The current Bose amp has just enough power to drive the speakers it already has.

I had great success using a small Boss 200 amp to take over driving the tire subwoofer. Freed up some of that power of the Bose amp to improve the frontal volume.

This post will help you out. I've documented the install.

Boost spare tire subwoofer? | Nissan Murano Forum

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JBL actually has a 200 watt amp built in to it, max power draw of 30A, so I don't think I could tap in to the power socket like you mentioned in the thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am debating adding the JBL BassPro Hub for some more bass in the Murano. I have the 2020 Platinum with the Bose system/amp.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with it? Would having the Bose system make install impossible? I know that I would have to remove the current sub, but this seems like it might be a good alternative for some more bass. I would likely have a pro install it, but prior to purchasing I was curious if others have used the sub.

I've done some searching on the forum and found a couple people mentioning installs for it, but on the non-Bose system, and didn't see a follow-up on if they were happy with it.

Link (Crutchfield)
I currently have the bass pro hub in my 2020 Murano non Bose..... Idk about the Bose sub but the JBL hits hard!!!!!! I love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts