Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - New to the forum. I've looked through the threads and can't locate a propblem similiar to what I am experiancing. I have a 2003 Murano with 90,000 miles. Just recently I started to notice the following.

Anytime I accelerate, let up on the gas to coast and then hit the pedal again to accelerate my steering wheel jerks slightly to the right as though something is falling back in place. There is no noise and the transmission seems to be working fine but it is very noticable.

Would anyone have an ideas as to what may be causing this or may have had a similiar problem

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wa4qfy -

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately this isn't the fix for the problem I am having. In fact when I took it in for my oil change last week they said that the intake assembly was a recall item and it appears that they replaced the hoses and clamps in this assembly and everything is secure.

Unfortunately I think the jerking that I experience, which occurs when I accelerate after coasting may be related to the CVT. I was hoping someone else had the same experience and perhaps it would be something much cheaper to address.

thanks again for your input

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had an issue when coasting then accelerating. Situations like coasting to a red light then before I come to a complete stop the light turns green and I give it gas. My MO would hesitate then give me a thud and then go.

I can't tell you what fixed it for me exactly but between the hose recall and having to replace one of my pre-cats it hasn't happened since. Oh my rear exhaust manifold was cracked also. I think between the exhaust leak and bad cat my fuel was too rich/too lean and caused the problem. If you do by chance have a bad cat, it could also be back pressure.

Hope that helps in some way.

RonB

·
Registered
52 Posts
!!! Solution Found !!!

Replace your Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) with a Denso 196-4012 (OEM Supplier). That is the only aftermarket one I've found to work. There are sensors sold under different brands made by the same factory Denso sources from.

Those are stamped
--------------------------
A29-662 L41
SGI B002 1707A4
--------------------------
I've struggled with the same problem for 2 Years and tested and examined many (9) aftermarket CKP Sensors for my '06 SL V6 AWD and was able to determine that the ohms, resistance and signal frequencies were rejected by the Engine Control Module (ECM). This is so be cause the values are very specific for the ECMs in Nissan Vehicles to properly recognize the component.

Additionally, the silent failure of the CKP will not be detected with a basic OBD scan and you will not see a check engine light in many cases for it.

Below are Pics of the Denso CKP that works really well so far.

Below are Pics of a CKP Sensor sold to me on Amazon as a Nissan 23731-AL60E which failed in less that a year.

On a cool engine the Sensor Swap takes 5 mins with a 10mm socket and small ratchet to remove the small bolt securing it under the engine, near the front exhaust manifold.
Just squeeze the release tab to remove the connector socket from the old one.
Swap, clip tighten and you're done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts