Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the situation.. this has happend on several occasions.

Starting out at 40-50 mph, I apply the brakes and slow down for traffic to about 20-30 mph. I immediately go from the brake to gas to accelerate after traffic clears. As soon as I apply pressure to gas, my MO *jerks* much like if popping a clutch on a manual. No lights come on, nothing else happens. As soon as the jerk is done, everything is fine. It doesn't happen every time I go through that scenario; it has happend 6 or 7 times in the past week..

A friend of mine thinks it might be the transmission not ready to accelerate after a decrease in speed.

Ida know. I'm bringing it for service next week.

Any info would be appreciated!

-Jess

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
j13-

I have had my MO for a year and a half now and have yet to experience what you are describing. Admittedly there are times when the CVT appears to be in the wrong ratio when accelerating after a brief period of coasting, but the period is brief and the correction is smooth, without the jerking you describe.

-njjoe

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sticky brake pad and/or caliper?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I’ve started to experience this in stop and go driving. When rpms drop to under 1k and giving gas in any but the smoothest and slowest application of the accelerator makes it jerk and buck. Seems to be getting worse. To test out a theory today I tried using manual shift mode and NO jerking at all. I could shift up and then car brought back to 1st “gear” repeatedly with no more jerking. As soon as I switch back into full automatic, the jerk returned ?
My guess is it tries to hold the higher “gear” too long and then slams back down into first when the gas is reapplied. This only happens with low rpm acceleration, but really annoying. Gonna have dealer look at for 15k oil change, but guessing they will fail to reproduce or say it is normal.

·
Registered
770 Posts
My guess would be your CVT valve body is beginning to fail. 1000 RPMs is just above a fast idle, and the Murano programming holds 1000 RPMs under low load conditions up ~40 MPH. That's a lot of load for 1000 RPMs, and the low RPMs generate much less pressure. I suspect that under this condition a failing valve body may begin to exhibit this failure behavior...

·
Registered
04 nissan murano sl
2 Posts
Here is the situation.. this has happend on several occasions.

Starting out at 40-50 mph, I apply the brakes and slow down for traffic to about 20-30 mph. I immediately go from the brake to gas to accelerate after traffic clears. As soon as I apply pressure to gas, my MO jerks much like if popping a clutch on a manual. No lights come on, nothing else happens. As soon as the jerk is done, everything is fine. It doesn't happen every time I go through that scenario; it has happend 6 or 7 times in the past week..

A friend of mine thinks it might be the transmission not ready to accelerate after a decrease in speed.

Ida know. I'm bringing it for service next week.

Any info would be appreciated!

-Jess
My 04 murano had the cvt replaced and jerks after I take off the I ease off the gas and it goes no problem. Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts