Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lots of things could cause it. Depending if it is the engine or the transmission. We would need a video with sound that last longer than 30 seconds. And what does the tachometer do when it does that?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I want to find out why my Nissan Murano jerks when the speed moves from 40-60km/h.
What are the possible causes.
Scan for error codes and post them here.

The Android app CVTz50 can scan for both engine and CVT error codes, many scanners cannot read CVT error codes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
!!! Solution Found !!!

Replace your Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) with a Denso 196-4012 (OEM Supplier). That is the only aftermarket one I've found to work. There are sensors sold under different brands made by the same factory Denso sources from.

Those are stamped
--------------------------
A29-662 L41
SGI B002 1707A4
--------------------------
I've struggled with the same problem for 2 Years and tested and examined many (9) aftermarket CKP Sensors for my '06 SL V6 AWD and was able to determine that the ohms, resistance and signal frequencies were rejected by the Engine Control Module (ECM). This is so be cause the values are very specific for the ECMs in Nissan Vehicles to properly recognize the component.

Additionally, the silent failure of the CKP will not be detected with a basic OBD scan and you will not see a check engine light in many cases for it.

Below are Pics of the Denso CKP that works really well so far.
Light Finger Gadget Wrist Font
Finger Tool Material property Thumb Auto part
Camera accessory Material property Cylinder Font Gas

Below are Pics of a CKP Sensor sold to me on Amazon as a Nissan 23731-AL60E which failed in less that a year.
Hand Finger Household hardware Gas Nickel
Finger Material property Thumb Guitar accessory Font

On a cool engine the Sensor Swap takes 5 mins with a 10mm socket and small ratchet to remove the small bolt securing it under the engine, near the front exhaust manifold.
Just squeeze the release tab to remove the connector socket from the old one.
Swap, clip tighten and you're done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That should also effect the tach. Please let us know if that was the fix.
A bad signal should be at all speeds, not just at a higher speed?
I can confirm that prior to the fix the TACH would be erratic with the needle jumping at various speeds and when revving the engine in park or neutral.

Upon installing the Denso (OEM Supplier) Part# 196-4012 all acceleration and engine power problems went away and the TACH shows stable readings.

I hope many find happiness in resolving this widespread issue so pass the info on so others can enjoy their Murano more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts