Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an article on a local Orlando TV stations website indicating that thieves are using "Jiggler" keys to break into and steal Nissan,Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, and Saturn vehicles. These "Jiggler" keys are supposedly like Master Keys that you Jiggle in the lock until it opens. Thieves stole 70 vehicles in and around Orlando and they were able to order these keys off of the Internet. Check it out if you get a chance:Car Thieves using "Jiggler" Keys

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well at least they won't break the window. If someone wants to steal a car, they can/will.

I agree this jiggler key business should be corrected, as well as the HIDs being stolen.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That key is not gonna work in the Murano's ignition, right? I assume they'll get in the car, but won't be able to drive away with it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
No the master keys will not start the Murano, which requires a computer coded ignition key (thats why the keys are so expensive). However, the master keys will unlock doors (most tow truck drivers have them in case you lock yourself out).

·
4,664 Posts
If someone wants your Murano, he'll just pick it up and take it away... There's lots of time to mess with locks later, when it's hidden in the garage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder if this is how someone got into my car in my parking lot. Some how someone managed to get passed the stock alarm and luckily, at least for me, the only things they stole were my dirty gym clothes and school bag. I was sort of pissed because I had to buy my books again and my new gym shoes were in the bag. This is why I upgraded my alarm system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts