Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well first I’d like to say I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Platinum Murano with Touring package with charcoal interior (yahoo!!!) Picked it up last Thursday and have barely let go of the steering wheel since then (well okay once to let the boyfriend drive it but that was IT!! :) ).

Anyhow ran into a small issue today and perhaps some of you have an answer. How do you deal with the intelligent key fob when doing something like going jogging or any sport where you might need to leave stuff in the car? Typically with my last car I would carry the key with me while running and toss the remote into a hidden location of the car before I left (regardless they can’t start the car with the remote). With the Murano – no such luck. For today I ended up bringing the valet key and leaving the fob at home (as I don’t want to sweat all over the fob). Just curious if there was any way around this?

Still learning the ins and outs of the Murano so thanks for the input!

Chris (in Texas)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enforcer said:
Take the key out of the fob and leave the fob at home or maybe try wrapping the fob in aluminum foil or putting it in a small all metal box? Grats, post pics!
So small metal boxes will kill the keyless remote fob? Sounds like I can leave one in the trunk then with a small *add-in*. That would be optimal for me. :)

(will post pics manana!! :D)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Theoretically a metal enclosure around the intelligent key will function as a "faraday cage" and prevent RF signals from going in or out, thereby disabling the device. I'm not sure if aluminum foil will do the trick, but I guess you can try. :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Eric L. said:
Theoretically a metal enclosure around the intelligent key will function as a "faraday cage" and prevent RF signals from going in or out, thereby disabling the device. I'm not sure if aluminum foil will do the trick, but I guess you can try. :D
What about the bags the EZ-Pass (auto toll pass) tags come in? According to the EZ-Pass documentation if you put the tags in the bag the toll booth antennas will not recognize the EZ-Pass tag. The bags looks similar to the anti-static bags that PC boards come in.

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts