Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a '04 SL AWD w/ Touring today. Wife really likes it. It rides so well. Quiet. Looks great.

However... I turned on the Xenons for the first time this evening and was greated with a surprise. Seems the headlights are not aligned with one another.

What I mean is... Even when I select one of the three levels... They're uneven...

Like:

Code:
L..........R
      ____
     |
-----

So the right light shoots out further than the left. And there's actually a line drawn, as attempted to be shown above.

Basically, the right light throws light out further than the left, regardless of setting on the car. Great.... trip back to the dealer already. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
We just bought an '04 Murano SL 2WD, and the Xenons seem a little misaligned as well. It's not a huge difference, but still kind of annoying. Please post how you end up fixing the problem!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys,
Before you run back to the dealers, I think that the lights are suppoesed to be like that. I think that the line is supposed to be shaped like a hockey stick. My Hella beams that I had on my BMW were also in that shape. It's so you can see much more at the side of the road where the lights won't blind anyone.

·
5,268 Posts
It is normal. That how european lights are designed. It prevents blinding oncomming drivers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not like that on my Infiniti...

I did find this thread, which talks about this...

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1016&highlight=xenon

So I tried to adjust them based on the directions, and it seems regardless of which side I turn, BOTH lights adjust accordingly. Weird... You'd think if you turn the screw on the left it adjusts the left side. Does both for me!!! :O

Thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine looks nothing like that...

It looks much more like the crude drawing above...

·
5,268 Posts
Centurion is right. Mine looks like his. But then again I did adjust it.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I definitely have the ladder effect. I didn't take it as my headlights being off from one another though. I was just amazed that the light could be so precise that it could be "cut" like that. I definitely have the ladder effect in my beams.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
The lights ARE adjusted corectly. They are supposed to be lower on the lane closer to oncoming traffic and higher on the side of the road. This combination will help save other drivers eyes and let you see people walking or objects on the side of the road. GRIP :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
It looks like the 2005 model may have a smoother cutoff pattern, not so much of a step.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I have an 03 and can confirm that they are of a much sharper cutoff than the one shown above ____/----------- You'll notice that they drop off right at the center line on a 2 lane road. As mentioned before its to not blind the oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's odd, because it's nothing like this in my G coupe. Is it because the MO sits up higher?

In any event, I tried to adjust them, but if I turn one side, the other moves with it??? :confused:

Oh well... Unless someone else has a suggestion?

·
5,268 Posts
Scrib,

i have FX35 and I do confirm the beam does not have such a sharp cutoff. And I like it as it is more natural and easy on eyes. I adjusted the lights on both FX and MO using Allen keys - it worked and took me only a few minutes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The picture I sent was not of my MO. I got it from this interesting site on HID lighting. My MO also has a slight step up on the right.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I had a G35 sedan (traded in on the MO) it also did not have a step lighting pattern. Nor do my MB S or MB SLK. Maybe the MO is leading the way. GRIP :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's weird, my '03 is dead straight all the way across. I think I would actually prefer to have them set up the way you all are describing though-makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Scrib said:
It's odd, because it's nothing like this in my G coupe. Is it because the MO sits up higher?

In any event, I tried to adjust them, but if I turn one side, the other moves with it??? :confused:

Oh well... Unless someone else has a suggestion?
Hi there Noob!! So, a MO finally eh? Good choice. :D:D

Yes, your G (or the CL) sits much lower so it doesn't need to cut off one side to avoid blinding on coming traffic.

So, whenever you see a Lambo or a Ferrari at night on a 2 lane road coming towards you, wave and say "You are welcome". :4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts