Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 04 over the weekend. What a NICE car or I mean NICE truck, or.. forget it! Best of both worlds!

When we decided on the crossover, I could not have asked for anymore then this SUV is. Highlanders and Pilots bored me to no end in terms of looks and presentation, and Lexus, Infinity, BMW and Mercedes offerings were a little out of my grasp- even if they were in my grasp, I am not sure I would want one to be honest.

Muranos caught my eye everytime I saw one on the freeway, and I always thought 'cool'! I am so impressed with Nissan's quality and current offerings, I may look into a new Frontier before long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Welcome to the club....Enjoy......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Welcome!
Oh, and your smile? It never wears off!

:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Welcome...I also have an 04 copper SL and I love it :D
 

·
NO-MO-SNOW
Joined
·
902 Posts
Welcome! Excellent color choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to know there are some other guys with a real sense of 'style and sophistication' here having chosen the same color as me. :)

Just kidding, I honestly do not think you could pick a bad color when it comes to the Murano... They were all VERY attractive colors.

Wife won't even let me take it to work yet... She is guarding it like a hawk. Before long though it will be just another vehicle to her and I can swoop in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Welcome, rest assured you made a good choice.
I am approaching the one year anniversary on my 04-SL. It is still a treat to drive and I still stop and look at it in the garage.
I hope your experience will be as good as mine.
The people on this site are awesome. Ask a question and 100 MO owners go out and get you an answer and some will go out and take pictures of stuff just to show you how it's done.
I really think this is the friendliest auto site on the net.
Good luck with your purchase.
Bob1
 

·
NO-MO-SNOW
Joined
·
902 Posts
bob1 said:
The people on this site are awesome. Ask a question and 100 MO owners go out and get you an answer and some will go out and take pictures of stuff just to show you how it's done.
I really think this is the friendliest auto site on the net.
This is incredibly true. I've been actively involved in 3 other auto forums before this and have read hundreds of other forums and find myself coming back to this one frequently. It's funny how you can almost predict peoples answers because you grow to know them so well after some time.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
They don't warn you when you buy one, how your face will be sore for the first month from all the smiling.

Two months to go and mine will be two years old. I keep looking, but haven't found a vehicle I'd replace it with. Just love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I RELISH the opportunity to drive it. I come from the land of large American V8 SUV's and trucks, as that was our mindset before taking a more conservative approach. I was caught up in the 'bigger=better' mindset like many other Americans.

This thing is superior in every aspect to my 00 V8 SLT Durango. It's sportier, faster, higher MPG, more comfortable, quiter, and on and on. So what if I can't haul 10 people and a fifth wheel? I don't need to.

And I daresay I like the styling better the the Infinity FX version. I think the Murano is better proportioned. The Infinity seems like they had to compromise the cabin and rear stying to accomodate a larger engine bay with a subsequent longer front clip. It looks nice, I just think the rear ends too abruptly and the front seems a little long.

I didn't like the rear styling of the Murano at first, specifically the tailights, but I am really starting to like it.

We put about 150 miles on it in the first week. Can't wait for more!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
04CopperSL said:
And I daresay I like the styling better the the Infinity FX version. I think the Murano is better proportioned. The Infinity seems like they had to compromise the cabin and rear stying to accomodate a larger engine bay with a subsequent longer front clip. It looks nice, I just think the rear ends too abruptly and the front seems a little long.

I didn't like the rear styling of the Murano at first, specifically the tailights, but I am really starting to like it.
Welcome! You will have lot's of fun with your MO! I had the same reasons for not getting an FX. But unlike you, I LOVE the rear styling of the MO, and that was one of the major reasons I decided to buy this car. And after almost 5 months of ownership, it still brings smile to my face everytime I see it!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Welcome! You will have lot's of fun with your MO! I had the same reasons for not getting an FX. But unlike you, I LOVE the rear styling of the MO, and that was one of the major reasons I decided to buy this car. And after almost 5 months of ownership, it still brings smile to my face everytime I see it!

OK, my 2c......

I love both of these cars. They both are unique in some sense. And really cannot be compared. It is like comparing apples and oranges. I know some of you disagree, but hey, that's my opinion!

I probably said it before - MO is more like a nice family sedan or station wagon with SOMETHING EXTRA!!!

FX is more like a sports car on steroids. MO better as an all-around car, FX - perfect for fun!
:roadtrip:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kris said:



OK, my 2c......

I love both of these cars. They both are unique in some sense. And really cannot be compared. It is like comparing apples and oranges. I know some of you disagree, but hey, that's my opinion!

I probably said it before - MO is more like a nice family sedan or station wagon with SOMETHING EXTRA!!!

FX is more like a sports car on steroids. MO better as an all-around car, FX - perfect for fun!
:roadtrip:
Sounds like a good analogy to me. You are correct- they are apples and oranges, and truth be told the Infinity was NOT an option for me- I couldn't afford it. I was comparing strictly on how aesthetically pleasing the cars are to me by appearance only.

I imagine the FX35 is very similar to my bosses AMG ML55 SUV in terms of performance and drivability. It is very fast, very responsive, and the braking is unbelievable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
04CopperSL said:
I imagine the FX45 is very similar to my bosses AMG ML55 SUV in terms of performance and drivability. It is very fast, very responsive, and the braking is unbelievable.
Except for styling, FX45's power plant puts it in a different league from FX35 or MO. In general, I agree that MO and FX are two different cars. But they are very close relatives with a lot of common stuff. I also realize that FX35 has better "performance" than MO under "ideal" conditions, such as on perhaps a race track, but on regular streets, given the limitations of the roads, MO can and does perform just as well as an FX35. In my daily commute I have become freinds with this FX35 driver that sometimes tries to prove points to me, and sometime I choose to answer his call (when it is safe to do so of course). My MO and his FX always run neck and neck around the corners, up the hills, and down the straightway, with neither one of us being a clear winner......except that I paid $8,000 less and I own the better looking car!!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Straight line acceleration – probably FX35 and MO are on par. Or almost on par. However, on a twisty road FX will outrun MO. Trust me. I have SL and followed my wife closely once on a winding road. Actually I tried proof your point! She did appr. 65 mph and the FX was like on a glue – no body roll, no tires squealing etc. The MO was leaning quite noticeably and the Goodyear tires did not like it! Maybe if it was SE things would look different.

Anyway, I do prefer MO and that’s why I drive it. And in the mountains it simply shines! And the Ds – is far superior to manumatic of any kind (maybe except Ferrari’s!).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
I fully agree with you. On that road I am sure SE would have outperformed an SL as well. I was just saying that under most driving conditions, MO is more than a match with an FX.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
Particurarly when just being seen at a light. GRIP :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top