·
Registered
2,057 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
RussianRocket said:
Is it OK to use fuel injector cleaner on the murano?
RussianRocket-

Fuel injector cleaners will not the harm the engine nor the fuel system. However, there really should not be a need for any type of cleaner since the vast majority of gasoline sold today contain additives and detergents that clean the fuel system as you drive.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think if you use one of the better ones, you will not harm the fuel system. I run a bottle of Techron Concentrate every 5000 miles (or when I feel like it). Might not do anything, but I certainly don't think it hurts.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is a REASON for Top Tier Gasoline.
Go to the Top Tier site.
You will find that some gasoline retailers have reduced the Injector cleaners by up to 50% from a few years ago.

I use nothing but Top Tier.
I am currently alternating between Shell and Chevron Gas.

Homer

·
Registered
263 Posts
RussianRocket said:
Is it OK to use fuel injector cleaner on the murano?

This guy I knew alway thinks he knows everything about car.
He put all kinds of crap in his engine oil...guess what, one day smoke screen from his tail. Engine overhault, he paid big bucks for repair job. Fuel injector cleaner, why do you need it?

NZM

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
My dealership puts in a bottle every other oil change.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I agree with Hfelknor, use top tier fuel and you will not have a problem. Here is why I use Shell fuel and in 25 years I have never had a fuel system problem,in fact VW highly recommends Shell for all VW

The TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards were developed to provide enhanced engine cleaning capabilities in fuels recognized by the program.

Four of the world’s top automakers – BMW, GM, Honda and Toyota – have established strict standards for gasoline quality because engine performance and vehicle responsiveness can be adversely affected by gasolines that contain lower levels of additives. Those gasolines can leave harmful deposits on critical engine parts. Achieving TOP TIER status means detergency levels in each grade of Shell’s gasoline (Bronze, Silver and premium V-Power) are set higher than what is required by the Canadian General Standards Board.

Shell is excited to be the first national fuel company not only to meet these standards – but to exceed them!

Benefits of Shell’s TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline

Shell’s TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline was developed in collaboration with a team of Canadian and global Shell fuel experts. We extensively tested fuels using our TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline deposit control additive (DCA).

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline will help keep engines cleaner. Clean engines help provide optimal emissions, fuel economy and performance for your vehicle. Also, use of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline will help reduce deposit related concerns.

Commitment to fuel innovation, that’s what’s separates Shell from ordinary fuels.

:29: :29:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Stoker said:
Commitment to fuel innovation, that’s what’s separates Shell from ordinary fuels. :29: :29:
Stoker-

Spoken like a loyal Shell stock-holder. :D

-njjoe

·
Registered
842 Posts
njjoe said:

Stoker-

Spoken like a loyal Shell stock-holder. :D

-njjoe
And Employee:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts