Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened this morning on my way to work.
A handicap-van blew a tire and lost control, hit me in the back and spun me into a wall (or at least very close but a curb stopped me), then hit me again but in the front to spin me back around. Airbags didn't go off which surprised me since it was pretty bad.

Damage to:
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Pass. Fender
Lift Gate (notice it doesnt line up. it covers some of the tail light)
Front 2 tires
Pass. Headlight
Grille
Both Pass. doors
Pass. quarter panel
None of the doors open
Some interior parts (ignition almost popped off :confused: )
....and the car doesn't move, so some transmission problem. (the intake sounded good though :D )

What do you think: Totalled or Not?
it doesnt look that bad in the pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks Bad

I'm hope you were not hurt---I bet you are sore tomorrow.:(

I think the pictures do look bad! Wow, the Mo has been hit from every angle. I would call say it's totalled! How sad!

Keep us posted, and I'm sorry----

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Sparkle,

I am glad you were able to walk away.

My guess is that the MO will be deemed repairable, as long as the unibody was not crumpled.

-njjoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
As one who had 21k in damage to a 2 year old Mo and it was not totaled you better hope you have a good adjuster.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the hospital yesterday after the accident for my neck and my back.

Just woke up and my neck is killing me. I hope its totalled, I just dont want to drive the car after all that body work

·
5,268 Posts
I feel sorry for you! Hope your neck will get better soon.

I do not believe they will total the car. It looks bad but, at least from the photos these are only reparable/replaceable panels. Most likely they will repair it. It does not seem that the unibody, structural elements and the drive train have been damaged.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Whispaz,

Hope the back and neck get better soon. Take it easy and don't lift anything heavy - even if it feels a little better.

I agree with the others, the Mo will probably be able to get fixed. If you were thinking about a Mod, now is the time. Some nice pandora type bumpers would look sweet. :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
man that is the s***'s. sorry about your misfortune. i hope your neck and back pain don't stick around for long. being 19 and having to deal with bad lower back pain(snowboarding accidents), i know how it feels..

looking at how the rear hatch dosn't line up at all, i'm thinking there may be some rear chassis damage....

i'm thinking it could be a right off but it's in the air.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry. I don't think it's totaled. Rollovers are automatic totals, but yours is mostly sheetmetal. The lines on the car look pretty good, so it looks from the pics like mostly bolt-ons and two new door skins. The tranny might be an out for you though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
da39087 said:
Sorry. I don't think it's totaled. Rollovers are automatic totals, but yours is mostly sheetmetal. The lines on the car look pretty good, so it looks from the pics like mostly bolt-ons and two new door skins. The tranny might be an out for you though.
The doors on the other side didnt close/open correctly either and they werent hit. We'll see what happens though...

·
Registered
276 Posts
My take? TOTALLED

His insurance company just BOUGHT a really nice "used" orange Mo.

When dealing with an insurance company the words to get them to pay attention: "Make me whole again".

It has made me very powerful when talking to other people's insurance companies. They pay up front for all rentals, all medical, all car repair. It is amazing.

Your man hit me. Explain to me why i should front the money? They stock reply is "Policy".

Policy is a poor substitute for personal responsibility and common sense.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Whispaz-

Don't be such a baby. A dozen new body pieces here and there, a few gallons of Bondo, an hour or two in the paint booth and she'll be as good as... a car that was nearly totaled. :p

I especially love the huge "lips" on the front bumper. I assume the bumper hit and scraped a concrete divider sometime during the acrobatics?

Is the other insurance company being cooperative?

I hope you are feeling better.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Drink Booze, Remember your are Young!

Youth overcomes all problems. Hug your loved one and don't worry about the future. Easy for me to Say you say. Yup. But true anyway i have been there.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
WOW... Glad you are okay!! I say it's time to lay her to rest and get a new one....

SO... If she is totalled do you get to take any parts with you?

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
hmmm

Take a gooooood look at the roof line and see if there is a diagonal warp--I bet there is. It is the tail tale of unibody twisting which sounds like what is keeping your drivers side doors from opening.

If the unibody is twisted, it's a total.

I'm really not liking the cvt out... that would kill the car for me in the future.

Glad you are ok besides the neck thing. Talk to your insurance attorney.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE:

So a couple of days after the accident the claims adjustor took a look at it and it said it had $6500 worth of damages = no loss

Gave the paperwork to the body shop to start fixing. Today I got a call from my insurance that the damage is more extensive than initially thought so.... it's totalled = time to look for a new one

This time around I'll look for an SE for the HIDs and onew/ the Bose so I can upgrade the sound later on.

:( so sad. I loved that color....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Whispaz, just curious now that it's been a year since your accident, did you get the MO of your dreams? How;s everything working out for you?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wonder if he bought the 2nd Gen....

the MO has once again proven its strengh in protecting its precious cargo..... if was driving any lesser car like a ford escape or something might be flipped over and thrown around inside the car and maybe not be posting on the forums.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts