Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I now have another thing in common with the majority of the forum members... a problematic MO.

Today I was moving through a parking lot and had to stop suddenly when a New Yawker in an SUV ran through a stop sign and cut me off. Not a big deal in itself, we expect that kind of selfish behavior from tourists in the summer. However, when I attempted to pull out of the parking lot onto a busy road I noticed my MO had gone into "limp home" mode. The revs would not rise much above idle and the SES light came on.

Thanks to the info posted on this forum I knew all I had to do was pull over, shut-down the engine, and all would be fine on the restart. Sure enough, with the exception of the SES light, all systems appear OK.

That's the second time the SES has come on in 9,000 miles.

I contacted the dealer, explained the situation and made an appointment for Wednesday of next week. If this is anything like the last time, the SES light and associated codes will be gone by the time I get there.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just returned from the dealer and they downloaded two error codes, both of which they had not seen before.

C1000 - Engine; CAN Communication Circuit

C1210 - Engine Signal 1; All mode AWD/4WD

Can anyone help out with these codes?

They indicated they are going to contact the regional center to see if they can determine what the codes mean. In the mean time, the SES light is out and the MO runs fine. I will wait for their call and bring the MO back at my convenience.

They added the rear seat-belt protectors as per the recall.

I told them I did not want the plastic fuel tank shield installed on my car, but if the had the metal one I would consider it. They were fine with that and no shield was installed. I did notice that all of the 2006 models in the lot had the metal shield installed. What happens if a 2006 MO runs over debris and damages the shield? Do they replace it with the black plastic one? I hope not.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
First thought - such a general type of error can be caused by a bad ground somewhere.

·
Registered
263 Posts
njjoe said:
I just returned from the dealer and they downloaded two error codes, both of which they had not seen before.

C1000 - Engine; CAN Communication Circuit

C1210 - Engine Signal 1; All mode AWD/4WD

Can anyone help out with these codes?

They indicated they are going to contact the regional center to see if they can determine what the codes mean. In the mean time, the SES light is out and the MO runs fine. I will wait for their call and bring the MO back at my convenience.

They added the rear seat-belt protectors as per the recall.

I told them I did not want the plastic fuel tank shield installed on my car, but if the had the metal one I would consider it. They were fine with that and no shield was installed. I did notice that all of the 2006 models in the lot had the metal shield installed. What happens if a 2006 MO runs over debris and damages the shield? Do they replace it with the black plastic one? I hope not.

-njjoe

Looks like they pull out the power on SES light for now, who knows what da heck that code suppost means, if any. Looks like you got some works needs attention, inform us what's the outcome of your repair. About the plastic shield, I asked the dealer for the Aluminium Shield and they are completely out or no longer available! Some of our early bird fellow MO got lucky to get their hands on it. But, joe I installed the black plastic one, and they are not bad after all, you not only get the power tune effects (humming sound) but peace of mind as well. Think about it!

NZM

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer took another shot at resolving this issue today.

Nissan had informed the dealer that Service Bulletin NTB06-009a, entitled MIL "ON" WITH DTC U1000 or U1010 STORED IN ENGINE CONTROL UNIT applied to my MO.

The problem appears to be an electrical grounding issue. The Service Bulletin directed the mechanic to remove, clean, and tighten several fasteners under the dash. The mechanic claimed he found a loose screw and a loose nut that fastened a bracket to the "Steering Member Assembly (cross brace)".

I have a copy of the Service Bulletin which shows the location of the loose bolts (according to the mechanic). Since this is a "generic" Service Bulletin that encompasses everything from the 2003 350Z to the 2006 Titan and the highlighted drawing states "EXAMPLE ONLY" I am very curious to get under the dash and see if these particular fasteners even exist on the MO.

So I guess it is fixed. Only time will tell.

-njjoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts