Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome forum here...some great information on this board. I just bought a new silver Murano over the weekend and have been reading about Zaino and other polishes and just had a couple of questions...

1. Since the car is brand new....is it still necessary to do the clay option?

2. Since my Murano is Silver (as opposed to Black or a dark color), will I really notice much of a difference between using Zaino and say the Klasse product?

So far I love this car...though I haven't driven it much since I work from home and my wife keeps taking it to work. Guess since I'm now married (6 months now) I have to get used to "my" new car actually being "our" new car.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Welcome.
Clay bar it right off the bat.
Mine is silver as well--it's kinda hard to tell if it's even dusty.

But....

Sic'em Homer!

:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a silver MO and have used Zaino since new. Definately clay, you would be surprised how much contaminates get into the paint during shipping and sitting on the lot. I've never used Klasse, but Z2 followed by Z8 or Z6 really makes silver pop.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Brucefan-

When I picked up my MO last year I sent an email to Sal Zaino asking that very same question - "Is it necessary to clay-bar a new car?" His response was "NO". Now here is a guy who makes money by selling clay-bars and his valued opinion was that it is not necessary. Will it hurt the car? Hell no. If you want to do it, then by all means do it.

BTW, do you live anywhere near Howell? Shore Motorsports on Route 9 sells all of the Zaino products for the same price as the on-line store. If you live in Jersey you can not order on-line, you have to go to the store in Howell.

-njjoe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
njjoe said:

BTW, do you live anywhere near Howell? Shore Motorsports on Route 9 sells all of the Zaino products for the same price as the on-line store. If you live in Jersey you can not order on-line, you have to go to the store in Howell.

-njjoe
It's about an hour and a half away...that's bizarre that I can't order online if I'm in Jersey. I'll just have a buddy order what I need from PA and pick it up next time I see him. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Taxes.
Sal doesn't want to collect taxes for the state.

Hour and a half?
That was about 10 miles the last time I was up there.......

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
hfelknor said:
Hour and a half?
That was about 10 miles the last time I was up there.......

Homer
Nahh, that's only during rush hour, which now lasts for 3 hours in the morning and another 3 in the evening. (Except for Friday evenings in the Summer, where rush hour begins at 3 and ends around 9 PM here at the shore.)

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Grats, post pics and details. Clay bar is not necessary but I recommend it. On the Z forums we also discussed the metal particles and what not from the boat ride, ie "industrial contaminants". The cars actually come with white plastic covers that protect most of it. I don't have a pic of a MO but here is one of a Z.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can just 'test' to see if you need to clay bar.

Wash the car. With the horizontal surfaces wet, put your hand in a plastic baggie and run it accross the surface. If you feel any tiny irregularities or 'snags' then most likely you have some rail dust or other dirt that could benefit from a clay bar.

When the MO was new I did this test and there was nothing, so no clay bar.

My other car is black and is a garage queen. In a ratio of time invested/return, the black car is worth the time to go through the whole Zaino process. On the MO, which is silver and a daily driver, the benefit over Gold Class is insufficient for me to blow a weekend Zaino-ing. To put another way, yes, a full Zaino treatment is better than the Gold Class, but not 10X better despite taking ~10X longer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Halo said:
My other car is black and is a garage queen. In a ratio of time invested/return, the black car is worth the time to go through the whole Zaino process. On the MO, which is silver and a daily driver, the benefit over Gold Class is insufficient for me to blow a weekend Zaino-ing. To put another way, yes, a full Zaino treatment is better than the Gold Class, but not 10X better despite taking ~10X longer.
Thanks for the info...too late though! I just ordered the Zaino and will give it a shot maybe next weekend....I'll post my thoughts when it's finished.

Also in response to the Jersey discussion....I didn't have to go to the Howell store...was able to order the Zaino from the PA distributor without a problem at the same prices as on the Zaino website. Paid via paypal and they're shipping it out.

In response to pics and details...no pics yet but it's a silver 06 Murano with the touring package (black leather), wind deflector, mud guards and the roof rack option. We actually went out to buy a RAV4 one day but couldn't find one with options/color we wanted. Then on the way home from leaving the Toyota dealer, we saw a Murano at a traffic light and both of us fell in love. We drove right to the Nissan dealer and test drove one...after coming home and doing a boatload of research, I was sold on it. Besides my 68 Mustang when I was 17, I've owned Nissans my whole life and love them...though this is actually my first brand new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts