Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the plunge yesterday!!

2003 Silver SL
Sunroof
Stone guard
52,000KM

The thing that sold me on this particular vehicle was how clean it was!! You would swear this thing is brand new!!

I hope to pick it up this Wednesday; I'd love to post and tell you all how much I love it; but I'll be busy driving!!
:2:

·
Registered
747 Posts
New Mo

Crash Congrats. on your purchase. Enjoy!!:cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here's to many miles ahead in the MO! :cool:

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks!! I honestly can't wait. My wife is starting to get bitter as this is all I'm really talking about now.

As for the road trip; I have two planned...Prince Edward Island this summer (5K round trip) and Georgia this winter (about 5K round trip as well).

The buddy who came with me to the dealership as my check and balance was giving me a hard time...I'm a clean car freak...5 step wax programs, cleaning every other day - you all know what I'm talking about - ....he was like, " I guess we've now totally lost you on the weekends now eh?"

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
well congrats on your MO man....

im thinking of some long trip as well.... planning for this summer.... hopefully to BC .... you are sure gonna love your mo each and every day... i've had it for almost a year now but still cant wait for the morning when i can ride the beauty again... but the gas price is something making me think twice about my WANDERING on MO.... freakin 92 c/ L here in Saskatoon.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel you pain bro. Gas prices are on there way up here in Ontario....Toronto isn't too bad yet; you can usually gas up around $.82 ltr - but we'll hit +$.90 soon.

Hey, are you supposed to fill up with premium, mid or base? I've heard that mid is usually ideal; but have always used premium in either my Accord or Pathfinder....

I'm really jazzed!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Crash,
Premium is recommended on the US version... Is your screen name from playin' hockey or from your driving habits?:D

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
actually premium is also recommended for Canadian ver as well, but i use regular 87. but sometime change gas stations to keep some rotation

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just picked her up yesterday!! WOO HOO!!

Man this thing is a BLAST to drive! I mean I knew that, which is why I bought it; but WOW!

Also, the stereo rocks! For those who have yet to experience this, pick up the new Van Halen Best of Both Worlds (greatest hits CD) and play Hot for Teacher (it's remastered on this release)...holy CRAP that woofer does some amazing things!

Two potential problems that I need to deal with though:
- Going deaf.
- Possible speeding tickets....it gets going a LOT faster than my Pathy did. :2:

·
Registered
842 Posts
crash said:
I feel you pain bro. Gas prices are on there way up here in Ontario....Toronto isn't too bad yet; you can usually gas up around $.82 ltr - but we'll hit +$.90 soon.

Hey, are you supposed to fill up with premium, mid or base? I've heard that mid is usually ideal; but have always used premium in either my Accord or Pathfinder....

I'm really jazzed!
I use Shell silver most of the time unless I am towing my tent trailer then I use Premium as it gives me better milage as I go through the mountains.

·
4,601 Posts
Congrats on the Murano!

I put whatever strikes my fancy, at the pumps. Most of the time, it's a higher octane, and I try not to look at prices, because I hate investing brain power and emotions in things that are beyond my control.

Besides, there's lots of other places I could stop spending money instead!!! Like the latest version of iGuidance for my iPaq for navigation. Nice upgrade to my HP Navigation System. I still would have preferred the integrated one, though....

Now if you guys all bought econoboxes and were complaining about gas prices, I'd understand...

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
jaak said:
Now if you guys all bought econoboxes and were complaining about gas prices, I'd understand...
Yeah, ever notice that the people that drive small cars don't seem to complain as much? :)

My Del Sol got 30mpg pretty consistently. I never complained about gas prices. We'll see how much I complain when it comes around to my first MO fill-up... :8:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Corin said:
Yeah, ever notice that the people that drive small cars don't seem to complain as much? :)

My Del Sol got 30mpg pretty consistently. I never complained about gas prices. We'll see how much I complain when it comes around to my first MO fill-up... :8:
Mo's gas tank holds almost 22 US gallons. At $2.499/gal (last night for 91) that is almost $55 for a complete fillup (mine was $45 cause I was not totally empty) That amount still will grab your attention. :3: But I guess it could be worse...

·
Registered
982 Posts
About to buy...

Hello all. I'm new here, so I'm not sure if I can or should start a new Thread or just add on to another persons??

- I'm about to purchase my "Mo" and wondering what you guys think of the pinstripe. I personally am going to not get it, but I was up in the air for a while.

Also, paying $300 below invoice sound like a good deal? Plat/Choc Leather, AWD, everything but NAV.

I'm already thinking about the running boards, black and the front tube bar.... which I'm wondering if i can get that in black somewhere.. or just have to get it painted?

Any last tips I should try negotiate into my purchase? Someone told me I could ask them to pay for the first few oil changes. I'm going to see if I can get that thrown in.

Any advice will be appreciated.
TheGymKid

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck on your purchase! Trust me when I say, you're gonna love it.

As for purchase prices, I bought mine used. However I know that Nissan has a big sales push on right now and are offering pretty low interest rates...probably not better than a line of credit though (which is where mine is currently).

As for sheer price, if you're $300 below invoice, that sounds pretty good. I wouldn't anticipate much lower as they are still in fairly high demand.

Can't help with the other questions though...

Good luck!

·
Registered
982 Posts
JUST BOUGHT !!

Well... I am offically a Murano owner... It is fun to drive... everyone here was right. So far I love it. I love the intel key also... that is just really awesome technology. I want to go outside and sleep in it I love it so much !!

- TheGymKid

1 - 17 of 17 Posts