Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order the tuner from Grubbs last thursday and got it and installed it yesterday. Thanks goodness for the pre-wiring. Easier and cheaper than paying the dealer $550. Sounds and looks so much better than my Skyfi. Unfortunely, ripped the antenna connector during the uninstall from my other car, so I'm using my old XM11 stick antenna that is just sitting on the dashboard at the moment. (if you have seen this thing, it is huge compared to the antennas they have now)

My question is, on the tuner, there is another set of connections. Does anybody know what it is used for? My guess is it is used to piggyback an external CD changer. If that's the case, I might have to invest in getting one.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
tqt

Do you have a PAC unit installed?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
tqt

Sorry, I don't know. Factory Sat stuff. I am sure someone will know, Grip :D

·
4,664 Posts
tqt said:
Order the tuner from Grubbs last thursday and got it and installed it yesterday. Thanks goodness for the pre-wiring. Easier and cheaper than paying the dealer $550. Sounds and looks so much better than my Skyfi. Unfortunely, ripped the antenna connector during the uninstall from my other car, so I'm using my old XM11 stick antenna that is just sitting on the dashboard at the moment. (if you have seen this thing, it is huge compared to the antennas they have now)

My question is, on the tuner, there is another set of connections. Does anybody know what it is used for? My guess is it is used to piggyback an external CD changer. If that's the case, I might have to invest in getting one.
Good guess... It's for a second device on N-Bus, Nissan's proprietary interface. However, the parts to make it work in the Murano's radio, aren't installed, so it won't work for you.

There is a harness set that gives you two harnesses, the second plugs into that connector and ends in a connector that looks exactly the same as the one that normally plugs into the sat from the radio.

Click on the link below, and you can see the pinouts on those connectors, on my website...

You can also look at the following thread:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2536&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts