1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

I just got a new 2006 merlot murano S for my 16th birthday

Right now the things I have on my list to customize it are:

Vent Shades for windows(ordered on its way)
IPOD adapted to car*
Nerf Bars
IPAQ GPS system(ordered on its way)
headrest monitors with DVD(I have black cloth and cant really find any custom ones)
outside chrome accent around windows
Iffy on sound system new one is pretty nice

*= Already done

I am on a limited budget but I still want to roll nice and turn heads!
If you have any good ideas to "Pimp my Ride" please feel free to post!

Thanks everyone

Also I saw there was a Phoenix club but not very active I would like to get that going!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let me know about the nerf bars

I use to have a toyota Tacoma with Nerf bars. I never got any dings in the side. I'm wondering if the nerf bars stuck out enough to keep other's doors from banging mine. I'm thinking about getting them for my MO.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Let me know about the nerf bars

Frumunda Cheese said:
I use to have a toyota Tacoma with Nerf bars. I never got any dings in the side. I'm wondering if the nerf bars stuck out enough to keep other's doors from banging mine. I'm thinking about getting them for my MO.
I have them. Because MO is too low (almost clearance of a passenger car), the bars install too low as well and therefore offer no ding protection....unless you park next to a mini, or a very low rider car or truck...:)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'd suggest a Z-Grill but the o6' grill is too nice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
IlovemyMurano23 said:
Hey everybody!

I am on a limited budget but I still want to roll nice and turn heads!
Everyone 16 years old should have such a limited budget !!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Retro stop lights.

I'll trade my tail lights for the 06 LED ones.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Holy crap! That's one hell of a 16th birthday present! Wish I came from a family that spoiled me so.

My first car was given to me by my grandfather. 1981 diesel rabbit, barely under 100k on the odometer. I thought I was spoiled just to HAVE a car!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Corin said:
Holy crap! That's one hell of a 16th birthday present! Wish I came from a family that spoiled me so.

My first car was given to me by my grandfather. 1981 diesel rabbit, barely under 100k on the odometer. I thought I was spoiled just to HAVE a car!
Haha what can I say I was looking at the front grille or nerf bars for right now. If anyone knows any places to get them cheep let me know thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Halo said:

It is the stripped down "S" No HID, no leather, no fogs, etc
Anyway you cut it, that is a vehicle that likely cost in the mid twenties at the least. Much nicer than the rides most 16yr olds get. Definitely much nicer than my first vehicle, a 1985 S10 Blazer bought in 1990 at a cost of $2,100. (I loved it like it cost $25,000!).

Congrats IlovemyMurano23! Take care of it, drive carefully and respectfully, and treat her with care and love :D

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Halo said:

It is the stripped down "S" No HID, no leather, no fogs, etc

Oh, well, in THAT case... :rolleyes:

Yeah, nice justification! :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
All I'm saying is mid-high 20s these days for a kid's first car isn't anything to get excited about. We're not talking about a Bugatti Veyron. I certainly don't bat an eye any more when a 16 year old joins the S2K and M3 sites I frequent showing off their toys from daddy.

BTW, my first car was a '77 Volare' ... hand-me-down from quite a few hands. That car ruled (when it ran). I guess it's all relative. :2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
IlovemyMurano23 said:
Hey everybody!

IlovemyMurano23-

You must have ticked off your parents big-time, otherwise they would have gotten you the SE. :2:

Happy B'day! Congrats! and Welcome to the forum!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
holy cow!!, i'm 18 and i don't even have a car yet. wow, crazy stuff. you better baby that sucker. and how do you have navi in an S model??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
halo- G55??? i want one haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts