Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a clear bra installed on my Murano.

Posted a few pictures in my gallery. The picture were taken 1/2 hour after being applied. Should even become clearer in a week.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I like it. Time will tell.

We had a Volvo before this, white, and it got hammered once while we were behind a snow plow. The paint was pitted all over the front of the hood. It was a freak event but still now I feel better protected. Metalic paint is hard to match.

I am hopping for the protection that this should offer.

Planning on letting the clear bra dry for a week , and then Zaino the whole car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Really looks good!

That does look like the same stuff that Nissan uses on other parts of the car.

May I ask whodunnit, how much? Was it pre-cut, done by a body shop, by a dealer?

If the edges peel in a few years, and pick up dirt, they could be removed, making a 3-year old hood like a new hood... still extends the original condition factor.

That stuff has stood up very well where the rear wiper sits on the tailgate of my Pathfinder (60,000 miles later, no peeling or dirty edges).

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let see...

May I ask whodunnit, Body Dynamics (Connecticut)

how much? $650 installed

Was it pre-cut They buy patterns from Xpel but have to work the pieces a bit. The patterns are a good start.

done by a body shop, Body Dynamics been install for over 3 years

If the edges peel in a few years, and pick up dirt, they could be removed, making a 3-year old hood like a new hood... still extends the original condition factor.

To remove heat a an edge to 150 degrees, and peel away.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks, dmako

That's pretty much as I figured ($1,000 CAD)... good for the first few years, removeable.

Sounds good. Even the mirror is done, too!

Very nice. Have to decide, but at least bug deflector (takes care of 89.32% of the area that the PF has picked up chips).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts