Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bought a Murano around a month ago and just got it converted to LPG and back from the garage today. I opted for a BRC Supermax kit with electronic Flash lube.

Just wondering if there are any other LPG Murano owners out there and what kits you have?

Just filled up the tank (£32) so i'l see how many miles I get out of it.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

PLEASE POST PICTURES!!! I'm really interested to see how this conversion goes. There's been talk here and there about vehicles being converted over but nobody that I know of has really done it. Need stats like MPG, size of tank, etc. Hopefully it works well for you!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
If I remember correctly, there have been at least two others members who are now running LPG, both on your side of the pond. I'll see if I can dig up their names.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
This is exciting news. Cost of conversion would be nice to know and lots of pics please. Is it true that LPG cars use the trunk for the tank? I've seen this on cabs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies guys, I'l get some photos taken and upload them over the weekend.

There is a tank (around 55 litres) that goes in the spare wheel well in the boot and a 2nd fuel cap is fitted to the car.

I will work out the mpg etc over the next week or so and let you know as I have only driven 50 miles or so since the conversion.

Cost was £2150(inc VAT) which by my calculations should pay for itself in 2 years.

Pics to follow soon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
wonder if this can be done here in the states? with all the regulations and fees that we may have to pay could it be feasible?:confused:

·
Registered
12,665 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
photos

Hi guys,

here are a few photos as requested. The first 3 photos are under the bonnet, with the 3rd one being the electronic flash lube. The 4th photo shows the dash-mounted control which lets you switch between LPG and petrol and also incorporates the gas guage. Last photo is the gas tank in the boot which goes where the spare wheel was.

Back to work this week so I will work out the new running cost compared to the petrol running cost and keep you posted.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
r-

Excellent pics.

What's the "electronic flash lube"?

-njjoe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Most of the cars in Europe (I would say about 50-70% in Eastern Europe) are converted to run on both – gas and LPG. MPG is about 20% lower when you run on LPG. In Poland it costs about $1500 to convert you car to use LPG. It doesn’t make any sense here, since LPG is much more expensive.

I was able to find some pictures
http://www.auto-system.com.pl/?nissanmurano,24

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hmm it's $3.80 a gallon here so not worth it assuming the 20% lower efficency figure is correct. Plus thats thats only 275 mi a tank for me and no spare or sub.
And since LPG is based on oil anyway; i.e. Liquid Petroleum Gas, when oil goes up in price so will LPG.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are LPG converted cars gas/LPG hybrids or they do not use gas anymore?
You can use both and switch anytime you want. Depending on the type of installation, the LPG must be heated and supplied to the engine in the gas state (older systems $500-$1000) or a liquid state - the next generation systems.

And since LPG is based on oil anyway; i.e. Liquid Petroleum Gas, when oil goes up in price so will LPG.
Yes, they both go up but in EU it's still 50-80% of the gas price

·
Registered
6 Posts
ressull-

adiadrian and ensaar both converted their MOs to run on LPG.

adiadrian does not appear to be active on this forum anymore (last post was over 3 years ago), however, ensaar recently posted asking for advice on the conversion - http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/17774-air-gas-mixture-ratio.html

-njjoe
actually, I tought I can control the air-gas mixture ratio when running on LPG, but in the end it turned out that it is possible only to control the the speed intervals of LPG injectors. This was all becouse of bad cats, and I just took out the honeycomb and put back the cat body. This gave me bad gas milage. However, in the end I had to buy new cats and had them installed yesterday. I guess I'm gonna see in next couple of days if this will improve my gas milage. Does anybody knows if I need to go to dealership so they can reset my ECU and put in the "learning mode" or it is going to be fixed/learned while driving?

however Ressul, I installed the latest italian Zavolli system and in my country (Bosnia) it costs around 1200 USD. so far I'm happy with it

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is the all fuzz about ?
Every Murano in Serbia-Bosnia-Croatia-Slovenia-Romania is on LPG..
I will convert my for few days ... Gas is 1.80$ per LITER here in Serbia...
so 1 gallon would be like 5.4$
And 1 liter of Liquid petroleum gas is about 60cents per liter...
Or 1.80$ per gallon :) U do the math :)
Conversion costs 1000$ and it takes 2 days...
Car will use same amount of LPG , like it used gas.. About 25mpg is my average...
I will picture it when its done :)
All cars from Usa ,that are in my neighbourhood are on LPG...
Hummer,Murano,Camaro,Pathfinder...
And good thing about LPG is that its green... 90% less polution...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts