Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's not quite true... but I'm not going to argue here.
Ok , i was in a hurry so i had no time to explain.
It will use 15% more LPG than it used GAS..
They can even lower ur consumption of LPG , but thats not recomended.
15% on 10 liters is 1.5 liter , so..its not much...
`tank` with lpg is perfectly safe and i seen bunch of accidents , 0% damage..
There was never reported that car was blew up by lpg,or lpg system...

Miloca,Where u from ?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
So what happens if you get in a bad rear end collision?
LPG tanks are inherently stronger than gasoline tanks because they are designed as pressure vessels.

The piping is designed with breakaway couplings that automatically seal in case the line is severed.

That does not mean they can not explode, it just means it would take a very unique set of circumstances for them to do so.

But I suspect you already knew that. ;)

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
General Motors announced Monday it is expanding its pickup line with "bi-fuel" vehicles.

The Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra will offer a V-8 engine option that runs on both gasoline and compressed natural gas (CNG).

The trucks will have a 35-gallon gasoline tank and 17-gallon CNG tank, which equates to a total range of 650 miles.

The big problem is the lack of fueling stations. Of the 1,100 CNG filling stations in the US, only about 400 are open to the public.

On the plus-side, you could pull up to a tailgate party and never have to worry about running out of fuel for the barbecue grill. :D

-njjoe

·
Registered
6 Posts
CNG is dropping in cost compared to oil by large amounts. Chesapeake Bay Exploration just pulled their entire Natural gas exploration outfit out of TX because the prices just continue to drop. Anytime they dig for oil, they gets tons of free natural gas and for decades they just burned it off or released it into the atmosphere.

The USA is like the Middle East of CNG, we have so much of it.

Even if the cost was a complete wash, you are getting a green fuel 100% supplied in the USA (for us NA dwellers).

I'd LOVE to do the conversion but the only people I've found to do them were charging closer to $12K, not $1.2K!

Also, you can get a home fueling station that connects to your home gas supply and just fill up every night at home, for very cheaply in fact.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
With CNG I think you can't simply plug your vehicle into your meter and expect it to get filled up. Something to do with the rate at which you can compress it and the machinery you need to compress it. Hear it takes about 12 hours for your CNG tank to fill? Might be wrong.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi mates, any update on this thread? i just bought a murano 2 weeks ago and planning to convert it to LPG. And I found a non-traditional shape LPG tank which is made out of aluminium (very light & durable) and can store multiple times capacity of LPG (can use for a long drive without refuelling).
LPG-tank-by-PPI.jpg

21 - 35 of 35 Posts