Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sort of. The part was on backorder for three weeks and I finally had it done today. Went to pick up the car and of course the seatback was assembled poorly, with the rear panel (where the map pockets behind the seat are) hanging halfway off. A few swift jabs with the base of my palm set that back in place. Typical Nissan dealership "quality" work. On the service invoice I noticed that they did not just replace the lumbar assembly, per the TSB, but rather, the entire internal seatback frame (which includes the lumbar support as well as the active headrest linkage). I guess I shouldn't complain about that, since I got more than I expected.

They also replaced the sunvisor clips for the second time. Oh what a feeling to have functioning sunvisors again. Its the little cheap things that makes a car a car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Question

While speaking with the dealer at one point, he said to me that TSBs are not recalls and are not performed free of charge.

Is that true?

What can I tell him/show him to prove that TSBs are free, if that's correct?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question

Spin_Echo said:
While speaking with the dealer at one point, he said to me that TSBs are not recalls and are not performed free of charge.

Is that true?

What can I tell him/show him to prove that TSBs are free, if that's correct?
Your dealer is incorrect, but only partly. While recalls are meant to correct a defect that may fail in the future (the alternator recall is an example), a TSB will not be performed *unless* the part has already failed. In such a case, it will be performed free of charge (within warranty, but sometimes shortly after the warranty expires as well) using the updated service procedure in the TSB. TSBs are not meant to be recalls, but rather a list of common problems that the manufacturer specifies a more efficient repair procedure for.

As a consumer, we are never meant to see TSBs since they are internal repair bulletins for the technicians. They are useful to us though, since it helps to pinpoint common issues that may have stumped us or we were unsure of whether really existed. In the case of the lumbar issue, I had noticed the lumbar support "pushing and popping" in and out whenever I braked. I mentioned it several times here on the forum but no one seemed to report they experienced the same issue. I brought it up with the dealer at some point about a year ago and they reported "could not duplicate." So, I was left with a problem that I *knew* existed on my particular Murano, but without further corroboration from fellow forum members or the dealer technician, I was stuck with an intermittently functioning lumbar support. When the TSB was issued for the lumbar support, I was finally able to take the car in and prove to them this was an issue with my MO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm sooo glad to run across a post about this!

My lumbar support is "dead", and when I took my MO in for the alternator replacement last week, I mentioned it to the service dept. When I FINALLY got my car back (some 10 hours later), it seems they "forgot" to do anything about the non-functioning lumbar.

Where do I find the applicable TSB for this item?

Much thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Jeannie said:
I'm sooo glad to run across a post about this!

My lumbar support is "dead", and when I took my MO in for the alternator replacement last week, I mentioned it to the service dept. When I FINALLY got my car back (some 10 hours later), it seems they "forgot" to do anything about the non-functioning lumbar.

Where do I find the applicable TSB for this item?

Much thanks!
This link will direct you to Nissan Service Bulletin 05109 issued November 9, 2005: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-109.htm

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alternator...to...dead battery...

Being one of the early owners who had the alternator fail BR(before recall) I submitted the NHTSA reports as other owners here had asked for and I was contacted by the NHTSA immediately afterwards. I was more surprised by the NHTSA's immediate action and thoroughness than by NNA's lack of response. I was much chagrined to receive Nissan's 'official' notice of recall, months after mine was already replaced.

Now the MO's battery was just replaced at my cost after the dealer and NNA refused to address the problem despite my assertions that the failure of the alternator had drained the battery completely and caused premature battery failure which I've always experienced as a life-shortening event for LA batteries. The dealer only offered to replace the battery labor-free if I purchased one of theirs at a cost nearly double a standard battery. I of course declined and went to Wal-mart. I'll save the original battery and when I turn the car in, I will swap them out and leave them the dead one...

Once again I'm inconvenienced by NNA and the dealers lack of support for their client.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had noticed the lumbar support "pushing and popping" in and out whenever I braked. I mentioned it several times here on the forum but no one seemed to report they experienced the same issue.

I have been experiencing this since I've owned the MO, never saw it on the forum though. I really never thought there would be a remedy. So glad to have run across this thread today. Will try to get this addressed along with the fuel tank and seat belt recall.

What an invaluable site!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DDunnMO said:

I have been experiencing this since I've owned the MO, never saw it on the forum though. I really never thought there would be a remedy. So glad to have run across this thread today. Will try to get this addressed along with the fuel tank and seat belt recall.

What an invaluable site!
It is amazing what a difference a properly supportive seat makes. The MO's driver seat is so comfortable to me now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts