Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the clear bra yesterday. got the mirrors, side fenders, hood and just 1 side of the front bumper...will get the other side hopefully this weekend.
Anyways, as you all know I've had bad luck with chips on my paint. And found this full kit for under $40! Even thou the installation took a little longer than I planned, I hope it'll all the worth it!
I'll post my 2 cents worth after trying it out for a week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you get it?

I'm thinking of doing the same for mine. Looking forward to a couple of photos, too, if you can.
Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, photos please

Any word on how the paint fades as opposed to the uncovered parts? What about removal when it becomes worn out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i paid $491 to have mine installed. your "kit" at $40 sounds like just clear vinyl. is this something you bought from ebay? how thick is the material and does it allow the paint to fade evenly with the rest of the car?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, as of right now I only have one picture of the material laid out on the hood. You're looking at the material that hasn't been pealed off the roll yet. this was when i was installing the hood piece.
Yes I did buy it from ebay, and yes it is a cheaper material than the 3m (since 3m is 8 mil while this material is 3.2 mil). fyi, the 3m is going for $170+$12shipped on ebay. I also read that if you're not a professional installer (like me), the 3.2 mil material will be pita enough where the 8 mil would be impossible. I bought it from a seller named live-sensual. you should inquire with them first because I got the full kit with complete installation kit for just under $40 shipped. just do a search on ebay for murano clear bra.
I don't know about the paint fae evenly or not with this because I've just got it on 2 days ago. I don't think i'll notice it for at least 6 months or so...
as of right now, i've only had it for 2 days...no complaints yet. i'll keep everyone informed as time goes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks...

In doing a little research, it looks like pictures are pretty irrellevant, as the stuff just dissappears on the car!:eek:
I guess as long as you get a nice tight fit from doing it yourself, you've just saved about $450 over the professionally installed 3m product.
I've seen the 3m advertised at almost $450 for just the full kit, with a price match guarrantee!
More research needed, I think.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i got out in the parking and took a picture with my phone. anyways, ignore the sun spot. that's not really there. but as you can see a faint line going across the hood. that's where the clear bra ends.
ok, one more correction. the thk i gave last time is the over all thickness...which means its the vinyl and the backing material. so i assume the real thickness is half of that. i think that's true with the 3m material as well, cause i really don't see 3m's sticking .31 inches (8 milimeter, 1/3 of an inch) out...

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah, mils are 1/1000th of an inch not milimeters when used in describing thickness
thanks for clarifying enforcer. why didn't they just call 3 thousands, or 8 thousands?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
06murano said:
...why didn't they just call 3 thousands, or 8 thousands?
Mil, from millimeter, is from Metric system, and Inch is from International Standard units system.....A confusing combination indeed.....IS+Metric.......:3:

·
Registered
248 Posts
So where do you guys go to get this stuff installed? Tinting place? Any idea how you find a "good one" as opposed to the usual hacks that do tinting/alarms/etc..?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Good one=expensive one=high end auto dealer

Drop by the local Porsche,BMW, Infiniti dealer and ask them.

Here in Ft Myers you would be directed to the Ultrashield folks. They do ALL the top line cars.
You can call them at 866-768-0223 to find out if they have a dealer in your neck of the woods.

They did a great job for me.
Cost me $600 bucks tho. (I had "everything" done, including a protective piece on the top of the rear bumper)

Homer

·
Registered
248 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks, Homer. Here in Houston, high priced doesn't always equate to better, unfortunately. Thanks for the Ultrashield contact info.

Regs,
Jeff

hfelknor said:
Good one=expensive one=high end auto dealer

Drop by the local Porsche,BMW, Infiniti dealer and ask them.

Here in Ft Myers you would be directed to the Ultrashield folks. They do ALL the top line cars.
You can call them at 866-768-0223 to find out if they have a dealer in your neck of the woods.

They did a great job for me.
Cost me $600 bucks tho. (I had "everything" done, including a protective piece on the top of the rear bumper)

Homer

·
Registered
124 Posts
06murano said:
ok, i got out in the parking and took a picture with my phone. anyways, ignore the sun spot. that's not really there. but as you can see a faint line going across the hood. that's where the clear bra ends.
It's been awhile since you installed it. Could you please update? Have washed your car at a carwash? E-bay states that this is removable film. Can anyone confirm it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gs465,
yes, i've wahed it serveral times. and it does hold up. i have not had any chips or damage to the areas that were applied...it does do what its designed for...but you are getting what you paid for also. the only thing i don't like about it is that the glue that holds invisible bra on catches dirt and even wax on the edges. especially when i wax my car, the left over wax powder gets stuck right at the edges so it makes it look very dirty on the edges of the bra. you can peel the bra off and buff the edge dirt out, but then you'll have to heat it back up for it to stick right again.
hope this info helps...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just for reference the 3m 8mil professionally applied film on our Z will catch wax if you aren't careful and I use a soft toothbrush to get the residue off. I don't get any dirt under the edges and have never peeled any of it back but I also paid $600 for the installation so.....

I didn't see this post when you originally made it, makes me want to get a kit and try it out. I LOVE the clear bra on our other car and highly reccomend it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
MoPar how is your clear BRA holding up

:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: Yes, photos please

Frumunda Cheese said:
Any word on how the paint fades as opposed to the uncovered parts? What about removal when it becomes worn out.
The ClearBra installed by professionals is a little pricey. One of the salesmen at the Nissan Dealership when I go has had a ClearBra on his 03 Mo since it was new. He says that there is absolutely no paint fade whatsoever. When you go to clearbra.com they tell you the paint under the ClearBra is actually deeper and richer than the paint that is not covered.

Believe it don't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts