Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from the local Nissan dealer a few hours ago after placing the order for my '04 SE. Since the specific information has been hard to come by (as we all know), I was expecting to just put some cash down to get my place in line. Instead, the dealer did a "special order", which is not really a direct order-to-build, but rather a request for the vehicle with my specs. Here's what I ordered:

'04 Murano SE AWD Midnight Blue/Charcoal Leather interior.
Navigation Package, which requires the the Vehicle Dynamic Control Package (same content as '03) and the new SE Touring Package, which is essentially the SE Popular Package and the Cold Package.
Splash Guards
Floor Mats

I was really surprised to get a price from the dealer after giving my list of options, so the dealers to have '04 pricing. MSRP on this setup is $37,633, but I didn't see the itemized pricing. Oddly enough, MSRP on an '03 identically configured is $38,062 according to NissanUSA.com. VPP price on this car came out to $35,295 before tax & tags. I don't think this is the absolute best deal that could be had, but I'm not the kind of guy to haggle over a few hundred dollars.

My sales guy even asked if I was interested in the rear seat entertainment system, but I told him no, and besides, I thought it was still considered a "late introduction" option. He could not disput nor deny, but I didn't want to hold the order up waiting for this one option. I'll either go aftermarket or have them install the Nissan configuration sometime down the line. I have a portable system the kids seem to be happy with for now, so it's not a priority.

Now for the important part: timing. I was told by my sales guy that they are placing orders now for late November delivery. Once again, I don't believe this is a direct factory order, but rather a request for dealer inventory. Information is always sketchy and inconsistent, but I'm uder the impression that orders placed for specific builds take 4-6 months. Anyway, late November sounds relatively realistic, but I take everything dealers way with a huge grain of salt. Anyway, I told them that if it looks like the same spec in Silver/Charcoal comes in before the Blue, I would consider taking the Silver. I prefer the Blue since is seems more rare, but the Murano looks good in silver as well. I asked if this was the first order they were placing for '04 Muranos, and he said yes. Once again, he was a sales guy and not a manager, so I can't confirm if he even knew.

So now I just have to sit and wait for the thing to come in. :banghead:

As an aside, they had a Pathfinder Armada right outside the front door. Dang, that thing is big! This one was a mid-line model, MSRP about $38K, pretty spartan: no nav or leather, 2nd row bench. It's huge.

Anyway, Sales Guy said he'd call me in a few days and let me know the status. I'll keep the group posted.

·
Registered
202 Posts
msfiveiron said:
'04 Murano SE AWD Midnight Blue/Charcoal Leather interior.
Navigation Package, which requires the the Vehicle Dynamic Control Package (same content as '03) and the new SE Touring Package, which is essentially the SE Popular Package and the Cold Package.
Splash Guards
Floor Mats

I prefer the Blue since is seems more rare
It's like I've got a twin! :7:

I love my blue Murano, and I'm sure you will, too! Congrats!

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts