Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my brand new sunlit copper MO Ti yesterday and it had 2 problems. 1 major and 1 minor.

The minor issue was they forget to clip in a cover for the tow hook hole in the front bumper. this was replaced on the spot.

the big issue was I found a small tear in the rear seat leather where the big seat and small seat meet.

Here is a pic

heres a pic of how it should look.

The dealer initially said that its normal and I straight away said no way! He said they could ask Nissan to cover it under warranty but couldnt promise they would. I said thats unacceptable as the car is brand new and other cars didnt have this problem. They then sent out a senior service guy and he looked and said yep we need to order in a new leather seat cover and it will be covered under warranty.

Love the car but we are off to a rocky start!

Also what kind of fuel consumption are you guys getting? The computer started at 66L /100Kms but has now settled to around 17.8L/100kms. I was under the impression it should be around 12-13L/100Kmbs.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
There was a "Old song" that Peggy Lee usd to sing

"Is that all there is" Consider yourself just fine. Personally i would put these into the very minor and minor department. One already gone and the next on the way to respolution. I always find the head of service to tbe the best to get things fixed. Sales guys are saving "Profit Margin" and never want to do anything that can be call a delivery defect as that get charged against them. The service guys have seen it all and are more like to call it to satisify the customer.

Enjoy the MO, little things like that will get fixed and the overall picture of the Mo will emerge and you start smiling.

Grip.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
How about Photoshopping a circle or arrow around that "tear". I can't see it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ekaxel said:
How about Photoshopping a circle or arrow around that "tear". I can't see it!
on the top pic, see the white blob showing around the plastic bit? thats the foam showing because of the tear.

The resolution isnt the best cause I used my camera phone.

Grip, I am not at all dissapointed with the MO. I love the car so far. However, things like this are quality control and to me, the MO is not a cheap car. Not that I would accept an issue like this on any car though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
bigdongers said:

However, things like this are quality control and to me, the MO is not
The tear likely occurred somewhere in transit , at the port of entry, or at the dealer. The dealer should have noticed the problem before you received the car. It is not necessarily a quality control problem with the factory.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Maybe it was the "dealer prep" that caused the problem. Aren't the seats and steering wheel wrapped in plastic and taped. Maybe a carless service tech tore off the protective covering too fast or too carelessly.

Just remind them that you may not be rating them 100% on the upcoming satisfaction survey. Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just an update guys.

Nissan ordered a new leather seat cover and replaced it today. It took them about 1 month to get it sorted which is not the best but its fixed.

I had to complain to the Dealer Principle (boss of the whole dealership) and threatened to send in a bad survey and funnily enough, I got good service since then.

Loving the MO so far. Just got my windows tinted a nice and dark 20%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts