Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. I'm Steve, a new Murano owner. I just picked up an 05 S AWD w/Conv Pkg. I couldn't beat the deal. I've been lurking here for a few weeks in an effort to help me make my decision.

We bought the Mo to replace my wife's Grand Caravan. I must say it was one of the best decisions I've made thus far in my 34 yrs on this planet. I can't believe that I paid almost the same amount for my MO as I did a fully loaded mini van about 3 yrs ago($27,000 @3%). I realize it's an S and not the fully loaded SL or SE, but I've got to tell you, I'm impressed just the same. I'm not a techie at all. I'm used to driving my Dodge pickup which is my primary mode of transportation, so you can see, all those gadgets in the upper echelon would of just confused me...LOL. Even though it's an S model, it's still the most advanced vehicle I've ever owned(I know I'm living in the dark ages...). And it's the first foreign one too. I'm highly impressed with the performance of the MO.

Since I've been lurking, I've come to know a few of the primary names on the board and I must say, you people know your stuff. The level of knowledge here on the site is astonishing. I feel confident that I've come to the right place.

I've already had it tinted, and plan on the alarm/remote start, PIAA driving lights, DVD entertainment system for the little ones and possibly a rim/tire package. Luckily I've got a few friends in the mobile audio/visual field waiting to assist me with these plans.

I've uploaded some pics of the new S here...
http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10682&thumb=1

So check them out...and I hope that i'll be able to make a contribution to the site....

C ya around
Conman

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! What kind of DVD player are you going to put in? I have two small children I would like to have one for them but just can't decide on what kind to get. :cool:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome Conman.
This a very ineresting board, you will find this a really good place to spend some quality internet time. Good luck with the purchase. Don't let the initial break-in period of low gas milage get you too concerned. It gets much better as the miles add up. Have fun with all the gizmos. I have a bare bones model and I agree that it's the most loaded stock model that I have ever seen.
Happy driving
Bob1

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw your pictures and I first thought you added "clear" tail lights. Then I realized the pictures are in B/W, correct? Good luck with the new MO.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
WELCOME

Be glad to have you posting! GRIP :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome

Conman - welcome aboard. S, SL,SE - Doesn't really matter. They all look sweet. Good Luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the new MO!! :2:

Where did you get the tint and how close is it to the others?

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Conman..

Welcome to the forum.
You are right, this is the best purcahse decision I have ever made too. :4:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the warm welcome...

Now to answer some questions...
DVD...friend was showing me a nice Audiovox unit(part#??)it's very slim unit with about a 9"screen and 2 sets of wireless headphones

Yes...those pics are B/W although I would get clear tails..do they make them for the MO??

As far as gas mileage..I gotta tell you, anything is better then what my truck is getting...

The front tint and windshield banner is about 20% and it matches very closely...it really completes the look on the silver...

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you get the dvd player post some photo's of it installed it would be greatly appreciated. rjkrej, I thought the same thing until I to relized they were in B/W. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts