Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 murano plat low battery came up on display in car so I replaced battery and the remote lost programming by just changing battery took to dealer to have checked they placed one of their batteries in it and it works no low battery brought home done it again low battery on display won't remote start vehicle either replaced with another new battery and same thing lost programming won't recognize key fob but you can put near button and it will start the car do I have a bad remote or what could be the problem I'm tired of wasting my time on taking this thing back to dealer and they want $7 to replace battery with theirs which is a 2032 which you can buy the same thing at a cheaper price I was putting a energizer brand in it and they put a Duracell brand shouldn't matter what brand it is as long as it's a 2032 and they are.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not sure what you really mean, but I have replaced the battery in my main keyfob once already after a year and now less than a year the auto start does not work unless I stand right next to the vehicle. Everything else works from a distance so I am not sure if it is the battery and I have never seen a message come up for a low battery in a key fob. I drive a platinum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2015 platinum here also and I had a similar issue where they changed the battery and everything, I'm not losing the programing but it will lock/unlock from a distance but won't start unless I'm 10' away

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you carry your phone in your pocket? I often get the "Incorrect Key ID" warning until I take the phone out of my pocket away from the key. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old thread now but was having the same problem for a few months. Had replaced the fob batteries several times over. For me, it was actually a symptom of the car battery starting to fail on me (have a 2016 model). Car battery then suddenly died on me. After having AAA replace it and changing the key fob battery one last time (it seems a failing car battery makes them drain much faster), the problem went away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts