Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my key fob cannot be programmed to the seat memory keys; position 1 or 2. I asked the dealer and they said it's easy to reprogram, but I have to bring in both key fobs, etc...

I can do this of course, but does anyone here know the trick to sync up the fob that isn't working? I can't imagine it's terribly difficult.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Scrib,

I just purchased a Murano last night and I programmed the key fob myself with the help of the salesman.

Let's see if I can remember this correctly :D

Sitting in the drivers seat with the door closed and the car running, adjust your seat, floor pedals and side mirrors to your satisfaction. Then press the 'set' button and then hold down number 1 (or 2). (If this doesn't work, press the number twice, having memory loss here)

Make sure the other key fob is nowhere near the car when you are trying to program the key. When it was time for my husband to program his position, I had to walk around the corner of the building because the key in my purse was causing his not to program properly.

I'm not totally sure, but I 'think' that the door was locked when I was inside doing this programming, but again not sure because I was ready to get out the place. :p

Hope this helps a little bit.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
OR......one could read the owners manual and follow the instructions in there.

Nah. Too radical. ;)

Homer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual doesn't tell you how to associate a key fob with the memory seats.

If the fob has already been programmed to be recognized, sure... That's in the manual.

My problem is my remote can not be programmed to either memory seat position. It unlocks the doors, but for whatever reason it doesn't work with the seat programming.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, maybe they changed the manual/procedure.

But in my Murano (2003) it is on page 3-17.

1- Set the selector lever to the P (park) position.
2- Turn the Ignition ON.
3- Adjust the drivers seat,outside mirrors and pedals to the desired positions by manually operating each adjusting switch. For additional information see "1. Seats, restraints and supplemental air bag Systems" section and "Pedal Position adjustments" earlier in this section.

During this step, do not turn the ignition in any position other than ON.
4- Push the SET switch and within 5 seconds push the memory switch 1 or 2 fully for at least one second.

The indicator light for the pushed memory switch will come on and stay on for approximately 5 seconds after pushing the switch.
After the indicator light goes off, the selected positions are stored in the selected memory (1 or 2).
PUSHING THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEYFOB WITHIN THIS 5 SECONDS, WILL LINK THE SELECTED MEMORY TO THE KEYFOB.

(All Caps mine. This is the step that links the Keyfob to pos 1 or 2)

When the link is completed, the indicator light of the selected memory switch will blink for approximately 5 seconds.

When you unlock the door with the link completed keyfob, the drivers seat will move back and move to the memorized position.

Works good. Lasts a long time. :)

Homer

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Scrib said:
The manual doesn't tell you how to associate a key fob with the memory seats.
I don't doubt you Scrib, but it's hard to believe that information is omitted. Do you have all the pages?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hfelknor said:

The indicator light for the pushed memory switch will come on and stay on for approximately 5 seconds after pushing the switch.
After the indicator light goes off, the selected positions are stored in the selected memory (1 or 2).
PUSHING THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEYFOB WITHIN THIS 5 SECONDS, WILL LINK THE SELECTED MEMORY TO THE KEYFOB.

(All Caps mine. This is the step that links the Keyfob to pos 1 or 2)

Works good. Lasts a long time. :)

Homer
That did it!

Thanks much Homer!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Link memory settings to intelligent key

I've tried and tried, following the instructions, but can't get the memory settings to link to my intelligent key. I assume the remote lock and unlock buttons on the intelli key are the same as those on the standard black keyfob, but I can't get the link to work.

Has anyone been able to set up the seat memory to work with the intelli key? Does it work via the buttons on the key, or the buttons on the doorhandle, or both?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes, but it can be disabled a couple different ways and make sure you have only one intelligent key with you.

From the operators manual page 3-33 which can be downloaded on the knowledge base page here: http://www.nissanmurano.org/kb_list.php

AUTOMATIC DRIVE POSITIONER

The driver’s seat will return to the previous position:

When the ignition switch is pushed with the driver’s door closed. (Intelligent Key equipped model).

The entry/exit feature can be canceled. See “4. Display screen, heater, air conditioner and audio systems” section of this manual.
The entry/exit function can be activated or cancelled by pressing and holding the SET switch for more than 10 seconds while the ignition key is in the LOCK position. The indicator light will blink once when the function is cancelled, and the indicator light will blink twice when the function is activated. If the battery cable is
disconnected, or if the fuse opens, the entry/exit function will be cancelled. In such a case, after connecting the battery or replacing with a new fuse, open and close the driver’s door more than two times with the ignition key or ignition switch in the LOCK position to activate the entry/exit function.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Link memory settings to intelligent key

I finally got this to work, after many attempts. Must have been some RF interference nearby, as I got both keys programmed easily in succession after a few hours of failure. FYI, both the door button and the keyfob button control the memory setting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts