Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forums here. Just got a 2015 murano sl awd. Found a weird issue when hou press unlock on the key fob like real quick not holding it down at all or the keyless entry button the windows roll down. Is this a programming issue?? I thought my gf was holding it down but i tried for myself, and I was like hmm weird. So any help or advice would be awesome. I tried searching google and kept getting older models.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The windows should go down if you hold the unlock button for 3 seconds, but not if you just quickly press and release. All I can think of is the batteries are old in the remote, or the remote itself has an issue. That would be frustrating if the windows go down every time you unlock the car!

·
Registered
2015 Murano Platinum blue/brown
17 Posts
I also have a 2015 Platinum. Surprisingly I haven't experienced the windows rolling down when I unlock the doors but it does give me another thing to watch out for. Just when I think I have experienced everything wrong with this spawn of Satan it always comes through like a champ with another problem. Since you just bought it my recommendations would be try to give it back to the dealer or person you got it from ASAP. If this isn't possible then make sure you have full coverage and find your local hood and leave it with the doors unlocked, windows up or down, and key fob in the center counsel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a 2015 Platinum. Surprisingly I haven't experienced the windows rolling down when I unlock the doors but it does give me another thing to watch out for. Just when I think I have experienced everything wrong with this spawn of Satan it always comes through like a champ with another problem. Since you just bought it my recommendations would be try to give it back to the dealer or person you got it from ASAP. If this isn't possible then make sure you have full coverage and find your local hood and leave it with the doors unlocked, windows up or down, and key fob in the center counsel.

Hahahaha yeah it is pretty annoying...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The windows should go down if you hold the unlock button for 3 seconds, but not if you just quickly press and release. All I can think of is the batteries are old in the remote, or the remote itself has an issue. That would be frustrating if the windows go down every time you unlock the car!
Ya maybe i will check into batteries or something first. Yeag it is annoying as crap. Every single time...

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2007 Murano SL does the same thing when I press and hold the unlock button, the front windows open. Nissan dealer and others have said it's so you don't get into a hot car. Not a feature that I would use but, with leather seats, makes sense.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is to cool the car if you want. But I believe I saw that the setting can be changed, mine do not roll down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you know how to change the setting? I asked 3 Nissan dealers and they all said it was a built-in feature on the 2007 Muranos. Please let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts