Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I've had my murano for a month now. Bought a 2004 SL used, had 33,000 miles on it. I remember trying the key to unlock the doors one time before but today I tried it and it wouldn't unlock them. If I'm by myself, I'd rather just unlock the drivers side door not all of them. My hubby went and tried his key and it wouldn't unlock them either. Of course, the remote DOES still work.

Anybody else with this problem. What if we're somewhere and the battery in the remote goes out. We're out of luck, right??

:4:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
My key opens the door but you need to have that option if your remote ever stops working.

Also, you can program (either from display or the fob itself) to open the driver's door with one push on the unlock button, and all doors with two. That way you don't unlock all the doors if you don't want to.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
You can set the system so one press of the fob will unlock just the driver's door, that's the way it comes stock. I changed mine to open all due to kids or wife are usually standing at the door waiting to get in, one click is easier than two.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Z

seems you and I were Johnny on the spot at the same time.

hehehe
:D

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Don't you have to twist the key twice to unlock all the doors, just like pressing the fob twice?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

Do I have to go bac k and get another key that will work??? Or should I get out the manual???

:8: :8:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like you need to go back to the dealer. The key shoud work. Slide it in and turn. Thats all there is to it. Did you try both ways or try the vallet key?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI,

I've tried every which way but loose!!!!!! So to speak, I've tried upside down, turned left, turned right, still won't work.

We only got one key when we bought it, then went back and got another key made and a remote. They wouldn't give us a valet key. I did try to lock the console just in case to see if that would work and it worked and it does start the car, just won't unlock the door. I'll guess I'll go back and see what they can do.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

:p :p :4:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Check the door very carefully for any sign of bodywork. It (and the lock) may have been replaced.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Your MO should have come with two keys, key fob AND a vallet key. Somebody can correct me but that is standard with all MOs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Gonzo,

Not with mine, I only got 1 key and 1 remote. I had to go back and ask for another one and they gave me another key and they happened to have an "extra" remote so I got one of those too. They would NOT give me a valet key.

Mine was a USED 2004 Murano SL. Sooooooo maybe the previous owner wanted to keep the key for a momento. You know, like those idiots who wind up keeping the manual that is supposed to stay with car.

When I traded the Quest for this, I gave them 3 keys plus the remotes plus the battery that I got plus the little tags with the numbers on them plus the window sticker.

I did write Nissan to get the "Maloney" or copy of original window sticker for the murano. Got a letter back today and said they couldn't do that but they did type all the standard eqpt that came with the car. Took two pages for that. Thought that was nice of them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I plan on going back to dealer in the next few days and see what they can do about key not unlocking door.

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
LEt us know how it turns out. (correction in my previous post... two key fobs come with the MO, not one.)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Pickles said:
I only got 1 key and 1 remote. I had to go back and ask for another one and they gave me another key and they happened to have an "extra" remote so I got one of those too. They would NOT give me a valet key.
How big is your husband? Maybe he should pay the dealership a visit....:2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hubby is 6'4 and around 230 pounds. I'm 5'2". We even went to the mgr but he said he couldn't give us a valet key. We never go anywhere that has valet parking anyway or we don't have valuables that we keep in the car so thats no biggie.

I do want the key to work so we'll be back there next week.

Have a GREAT Weekend and remember to

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Key will now open door

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I finally went back to the dealer, waited till I had to go get oil change(free by the way, first one since I got the car)...

The reason the key wouldn't work is because there was a rod in the door that was broke or loose. Had to take the door panel off and fix. We were there 2 hours but they work now.

.:2: :2: Happy driver again

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Speaking of keys in the doors, why isn't there a lock on the passenger side? That's really ticking off my wife. She doesn't want to carry a key fob for my car around all the time in addition to the key for the ignition, but that means that she can't get in her side if the doors are locked.

What stupid engineer at Nissan said "the passenger doesn't need a manual lock on the door, we'll just take that off of the design to save an extra $5..."

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
OK I've got to ask... why does your wife want to get into the driver's side by herself.....

A. You always forget to unlock her door on your dates
B. She likes to get in the passenger side and pretend to drive the MO beucase you never let her drive the MO
C. She just likes to sit in the MO while you gaze at it from the outside for hours on end
D. All of the above

:p

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Gonzo said:
OK I've got to ask... why does your wife want to get into the driver's side by herself.....

A. You always forget to unlock her door on your dates
B. She likes to get in the passenger side and pretend to drive the MO beucase you never let her drive the MO
C. She just likes to sit in the MO while you gaze at it from the outside for hours on end
D. All of the above

:p
Ha! :D If she needs something out of the car (say, for example, when we're in the store and she runs back out to get her purse) she wants to get into the passenger side because that's where the stuff is. Having to get in the drivers side and climb over to the passenger side to get what she wants is just silly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts